High hopes is "fitting" i think quite beautiful ;) Love the reinforcement walls coming soon! Love the wood on that wagon you designed a while back there nice dragon looks more canvasy and less painted glass. ;) 

Edited by KrisWald

The new reinforcements are awesome. I hope too that those will be possible to be swapped using some materials from the existing ones, I've reinforced too many lately :P

Edited by Jaz

3 hours ago, Saroman said:

Will likely be able to 'replace', so need one new one and then it's possible to add to the existing ones after taking them off.

So all mines will require complete replacements to all reinforcements for this update? 

.....jesus. Those things are a pain to make already...let alone having to redo existing mines with ones that will take more materials o.o

Can't something similar to how rendered walls take clay added to plain wall be done? Hold bricks...use on reinforced wall, brick reinforced wall.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful but it's just daunting to hear "if you want the new thing you have to redo a hundred+ hours of work again"

Edited by Nadroj

If you can attach to the ones you took off the wall, what's the issue?

31 minutes ago, Saroman said:

If you can attach to the ones you took off the wall, what's the issue?

That's why i'm asking questions.

What you said previously was not "you will be able to remove the existing ones without breaking them and then add materials to them"

So i remain unsure of the planned feature.

currently there is no "take them off" button.

Edit - Now i think about it i can't see any way that method works with off deed cave canals. Surely it would mean either you can't do it because its offdeed or any old player could come along and remove the reinforcements using this "new remove reinforcement" option? Just trying to understand how this will work and if it means having to redo all our reinforcements and will only work on deed. Being able to activate a brick to add to a reinforced wall just seems the simplest method that would cover making it work everywhere AND not force players to have to rebuild their old mine projects over again.

Edited by Nadroj

4 hours ago, Saroman said:

Will likely be able to 'replace', so need one new one and then it's possible to add to the existing ones after taking them off.

What the hell, we spent a lot of time either using priests to strongwall these, or just cranking out reinforcement beam after reinforcement beam.

How bout this, keep it simple, keep the old way of reinforcing walls and if someone wanted a fancy upgrade, just have it so they apply a pottery brick or roundstone or what have you to change it to a new look.

This prevents abuse of people easily removing off deed reinforcements.

There is no need to come up with fancy new reinforcement beam recipes, especially when I would rather see the use spent on new fences. 

A simple way to upgrade the standard wall to a new look is all we need.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

So just to clarify, the steps will be as follows:

1. Make 1 support beam
  2. Create the wall type you want with the beam
  3. Activate beam and right click reinforced wall > replace
  4. Wall receives wall texture, you receive regular support beam.

rinse and repeat steps 2 - 4

it is NOT:

1. Remove wall reinforcement
  2. Add new beam

Walls will remain reinforced at all times and do not require removing them first.

Adding new mechanics to change walls on reinforced walls open up potential issues and delays, this is simply adding new recipes that result in different types that use the base reinforcement beam as the starter.

this is separate to house and fence types

• Like 7

7 hours ago, zigozag said:

What's that?!

GdZsHFe.png?1

I'm glad someone else noticed those ominous objects.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wargasm said:

The new house walls are great.  Can we get new fence models to match?

Sandstone, slate and marble (stone) parapets

"  "  "  low stone walls

"  "  "  tall stone walls

This has been covered to death and back and to death again. It'll take some time to get this done as we've hit a limitation here. That limitation does not apply to cave walls. Completely different systems. Bumping this in each news will not get it done any faster, but only serve to annoy the people who have to do it. Please be patient. People work terribly when annoyed. ;)

9 hours ago, zigozag said:

What's that?!

GdZsHFe.png?1

Oh! I know! I know! It's A SECRET

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Keenan said:

Oh! I know! I know! It's A SECRET

Catseye.

5sTRhPZ.png

Description reads

"[00:41:39] A marker used in middle of a highway, protects the tiles surrounding it."

Crafting recipe is

iryScL6.png

Right clicking allows for the option to 'View protection' and 'View links'

Viewing the protection looks like this

DyLYny9.jpg

Event log spits out a message that says "[00:49:35] Test only:Protected: center, north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west and northwest"

Viewing the links makes this message appear in events "[00:50:05] Test only:Links are: north and south"

So I assume this is some form of anti-grief measure players can utilize to preserve highways and tunnels. 

Edited by Huntar

8 minutes ago, Huntar said:

Catseye.

5sTRhPZ.png

Description reads

"[00:41:39] A marker used in middle of a highway, protects the tiles surrounding it."

Crafting recipe is

iryScL6.png

Finally got you on the test server I see. ;)

Just now, Keenan said:

Finally got you on the test server I see. ;)

Someone had to do it, and I was too curious.

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

So just to clarify, the steps will be as follows:

1. Make 1 support beam
  2. Create the wall type you want with the beam
  3. Activate beam and right click reinforced wall > replace
  4. Wall receives wall texture, you receive regular support beam.

rinse and repeat steps 2 - 4

it is NOT:

1. Remove wall reinforcement
  2. Add new beam

Walls will remain reinforced at all times and do not require removing them first.

Adding new mechanics to change walls on reinforced walls open up potential issues and delays, this is simply adding new recipes that result in different types that use the base reinforcement beam as the starter.

this is separate to house and fence types

If someone wanted to change over there entire mine that could potentially have a few thousand reinforcement beams this is insane, even it it was only a few hundred beams, it is quite a bit of work. Then you have off deed reinforcements, which I am sure quite a few people will have with ondeed mines and mining to the perimeter then reinforcing, how will they change over these reinforcements? Oh yeah, didn't think of that did ya!

My idea is simple and I don't believe for a minute that your code wizards would have a problem making it work.

16 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

If someone wanted to change over there entire mine that could potentially have a few thousand reinforcement beams this is insane, even it it was only a few hundred beams, it is quite a bit of work. Then you have off deed reinforcements, which I am sure quite a few people will have with ondeed mines and mining to the perimeter then reinforcing, how will they change over these reinforcements? Oh yeah, didn't think of that did ya!

My idea is simple and I don't believe for a minute that your code wizards would have a problem making it work.

Im sorry, I don't get how yours changes things? Did I not explain how it would work properly?

take a pottery brick, click on reinforced tile, viola, pottery brick reinforced wall

that simple eh'

That would require more mechanics and potential issues with working on reinforced tiles, as opposed to just adding different support beams.

It's really quite simple, don't worry!

• Like 1

Just now, Retrograde said:

That would require more mechanics and potential issues with working on reinforced tiles, as opposed to just adding different support beams.

It's really quite simple, don't worry!

So simple, how does this work off deed then?

Just now, JakeRivers said:

how would off deed change?

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

take a pottery brick, click on reinforced tile, viola, pottery brick reinforced wall

that simple eh'

2 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

You do understand that the reinforcement would not actually be removed, right?

Ah, so its just adding to an existing reinforced wall, one that took 3 logs, 5 shafts and 2 ribbons to make, and you are suggesting a simple solution is to take 3 logs and 5 shafts and 2 ribbons plus whatever other ingredients you feel it needs to transform this wall?

Just now, Keenan said:

You do understand that the reinforcement would not actually be removed, right?

Unless my comprehension is bad here, you'd create an item that defines the style you want, and you'd apply it to the wall - in return you'd get the plain old reinforcement. So it's like what you describe as "simple" only you get back the original reinforcement. The tile's state doesn't change, only it's texture.

• Like 2

You create a support beam, use the new material to make athemed support beam, and replace the reinforcement

This nets you a changed wall, and a regular support beam in return, so you can then use THAT beam to create the themed one and move to the next tile

• Like 3

Am I missing something here, so you reinforce the wall with the new texture beam and then get back the old beam?