header.png

Elentari is a monster

Hi Everyone!
I hope you all had a good Easter break, I know I did! We're still in the follow up phase to our latest update, addressing a few bugs that have arisen as well as the usual post-live tweaks,  but that doesn't mean we haven't been hard at work, but first...

Patch Notes

Spoiler
  • Oleander can now be used as a herb in cooking
  • Siege Weapons Bugs and Fixes Post-Live
    • Fixed up the message for what buildings you hit.
    • Added fail message on cata/treb.
    • Lowered the damage variance for battering rams, a fail will now deal 1/5th damage instead of none.
    • Capped damage given to projectiles when they land – should now be the same as whats dealt to whatever you hit.
    • Fixed cata/treb projectiles not hitting fences sometimes.
    • Lowered difficulty for using the battering ram – fences are also now lower difficulty than walls.
    • Planned floors/walls should now be properly ignored by cata/treb.
    • Rewrote how the checks worked for roofs and floors
    • A projectile that clearly passes through a roof now should hit it and land there.
    • The box it uses for this isn’t exact to the model, so if the projectile is going over the roof, try lowering your angle or power slightly
    • landing closer to the bottom of the roof than the top of it will be more accurate.
    • Lowered damage of archery towers and turrets
    • Turrets should now be able to fire from the top of a house or bridge
    • Archery towers now have a damage falloff, the further they fire, the less damage will be dealt
  • Gates and doors that both players can move through will no longer block attacks
  • Bugfix: Corrected text when prospecting sandstone veins
  • Bugfix: Sandstone slab floors can now be built

Reinforcing in style
Reinforced walls are quite boring, and with the introduction of new house walls, our devs got to thinking....

Coming soon to a cave near you, we'll be introducing stylish reinforcements! These will be created with improved reinforcement beams and really decorate your cave! We're also looking at cave floors as well, but no confirmation on that yet.

Spoiler

walls.jpg

CA Help Merging
following some back end changes for us, we'll be merging CA help across all freedom servers next update. once it's done we'll monitor it over the next week or so to ensure that it still flows smoothly and will be able to revert it if it proves to be too chaotic.

With this done we'll also begin looking at options for addressing CA help on Epic servers, and will be working towards a resolution that improves new player experiences on Epic servers while still meeting our conduct requirements.

WU beta
We're still in the process of ironing out some bugs appearing within the new housing update, and once theyre done we'll have a beta up for WU, we expect that to be available within the week, with the live version following shortly after

Gloomshade revamp
Excited to play with the new walls, Enki and I had our turn updating the starter deeds, and this time it was Gloomshades turn! The HotS Elevation starter deed has been given a bit of a revamp, and I'm totally biased)

Spoiler

gloomshade.png

Community Content
This weeks community content I found while looking through the huge collection of WU screenshots, and it has to be the most amazing wagon design I've ever seen. I don't know what server it's from, but if it's yours, let me know so I can update this!

Future PMK's, take note!

wagon.jpg

That's it for this weekend, I hope you all have a good weekend, and as always, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 26

That's my wagon! :P (I wish)

Edit: those reinforcements look awesome aswell.

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Hide contents

walls.jpg

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

• Like 6

The new house walls are great.  Can we get new fence models to match?

Sandstone, slate and marble (stone) parapets

"  "  "  low stone walls

"  "  "  tall stone walls

• Like 3

I just drolled all over me watching those sexy new reinforced walls!!

and not to sound like an ass but while at it with the reinforcement can we please get a fix on the move speed inside caves with reinforced floors please!!

• Like 3

Love the idea of decorative reinforcements but...is there no way we could have them be created by adding a material to reinforced walls rather than making everyone break all their reinforcements to replace them with the new ones?

Also what wargasm said + new material bridges! Great art updates lately, really enjoying the new variety.

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 13

come on !!! dont forget on new roofs!  and pavements for cave too!  corrent one are boring too now!  i realy wana make faster pavement in cave and that looks awesome :D

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Love the idea of decorative reinforcements but...is there no way we could have them be created by adding a material to reinforced walls rather than making everyone break all their reinforcements to replace them with the new ones?

What the guy said... I mean, how can you outfit your favorite tunnels / cave canals out deed with smexy looking ones if you cannot remove them? Just like rendered walls, let us add X amount of mats to the reinforced walls to change their types.

Also, what are the weird looking lil square things on the ground?!

• Like 3

Spoiler

wagon.jpg

Can you imagine what they'd charge for this here on WO?

• Like 3

That deed is looking fantastic! I'm going for a similar feel to my house actually. I'd have turned the whole deed into a goth paradise but a certain mayor would rather dye it purple apparently.... :P

• Like 4

That's beautiful wagon artwork & love the new cave walls

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zigozag said:

What's that?!

GdZsHFe.png?1

High tech led lights. They use wireless power sent from the coal generator ofc.

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, zigozag said:

What's that?!

GdZsHFe.png?1

That's the anti-personnel mines in case non-dev players get too close to the test area before the changes are ready to be seen.

• Like 10

29 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

is there no way we could have them be created by adding a material to reinforced walls rather than making everyone break all their reinforcements to replace them with the new ones?

Will likely be able to 'replace', so need one new one and then it's possible to add to the existing ones after taking them off.

• Like 2

Those reinforcements will be great for those who love cave dwelling! :D And goodness that wagon is beautiful...

• Like 1

I am not a monster evil retro ! I swear the bunnies all gathered at my deed to eat carrots then they suddenly collapsed 5 minutes later.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nadroj said:

Also what wargasm said + new material bridges! Great art updates lately, really enjoying the new variety.

yes please

they look cool btw.

And nice job on gloomshade, finally a fitting looking starter deed.

Something I had on my pc in a file i worked on a while back

wurm.20170421.1830_zpsshtuxn3l.jpg

• Like 8