Sign in to follow this  
bdew

Player zombies are bugged to all hells

• Resurrected players turn into NPCs instead of creatures. This is likely because of an incorrect check in Creature.doNew.
  • Because they are NPCs they show up in local and babble the normal innane stuff NPCs babble in local. (This would actually be cool if they were all "Braaaaainssss!")
  • Npc.isRespawn() returns true for them, which means they can't properly die and will try to respawn after death.
  • Their VisionArea doesn't get destroyed in the process, which means they don't properly respawn either, since Creature.respawn() checks for visionArea == null
  • With every attempt to respawn they move to a new random position (but don't actually show up there since they stay dead due to the visionarea stuff) and create a fresh zombie corpse
  • After about a day of me trying to figure out what's going on, 2 zombie players have managed to litter my server with over 500 corpses
  • There is no way that i found using the available GM tools to get rid of them once it started, the only solution was to shutdown and manualy delete them from the DB (creatures table).
  • Like 1

Old as hell bug that somehow hasn't been fixed. Wyvern had this problem when the PvP server was up. Player zombies littered the map and they would spawn some crazy items like drake jackets you couldn't improve, shovels made from stone when you killed them.

2 hours ago, Huntar said:

Old as hell bug that somehow hasn't been fixed. Wyvern had this problem when the PvP server was up. Player zombies littered the map and they would spawn some crazy items like drake jackets you couldn't improve, shovels made from stone when you killed them.

Reporting bugs helps, it's been addressed in the latest beta

• Like 1