Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

[Resolved] mobs do not move in fight (Exodus)

On Exodus no mobs move even a tile - they aggro on me as expected but seem to be nailed their tile. They don't approach and don't even follow if I retreat from combat. They are totally glued to their spot.

EDIT: they seem to wander but freeze in spot when in fight.

Do you happen to have a time (and timezone please) of when you first noticed this behavior? Was it like this when you logged in, or did it specifically start?

I'm here on Exo for about an hour, sailed over from another server, it is surely the same since.

I've been here two days ago last time - all was fine back then.

Edited by Jaz

I'm assuming you did this, but did you relog after experiencing this? I had a similar issue when crossing over from Chaos to Indy. It's like my client isn't updated to the server. 

Perfect example, when I crossed from Chaos to Indy I had the White light on the map but it couldn't be used and the guy near me couldn't see it. It wouldn't surprise me if mobs do the same thing, you can agro them but they can't agro you. Or if you do agro them it's more than likely picking up your client clear on the other side of the map causing them to glitch. 

• Like 1

I experience the same. The mobs moving, but they don't follow me in fight.

For me aswell.

Was in a cave crowded with all kinds of mobs and they didnt move. I could attack them.

Edit: they clearly got angry at me tho, from a distance, but couldnt move.

Edit2: havent crossed any server borders this session.

Central Europe (timezone), and it was about an hour ago.

[23:43:15] An aged lava spider is dead. R.I.P.

It is now 00:58

Edited by Nordlys

Doing a test now, with a different character. Standing 2 tiles away from a hell hound and its clearly aggro but cannot move.

I did not relog as it can't be a client issue - I can interact them without any issues. I did a /lotime now though and issue is still present.

Edited by Jaz
typo

Right, I was hoping for a more precise time between noticing them fight and follow and not. It helps me locate potential issues in the logs.

• Like 1

Incoming server restart for Exodus to resolve this issue.

• Like 2

Some sort of desync? I once lost a rug in the sand.. dug some sand etc.... tried bunch of ideas to find it, called a gm, etc.... and nothing..  on my way back.. after I gave up on recovering it.. I found it ~15-20 tiles back in the direction from which I came to that spot for meditating...

I never underestimated desync in wurm since that day.

It is solved now, thanks!

BTW I've entered Exodus on 19/04/2017 23:29:11 (CEST tiemzone so should be same as server time). The issue was present from that time for sure - I'm afraid this info does not really help you to dig up the logs...