Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Spell Balance - Skill Unlock

A big gripe on PvE is just how unbalanced existing priests are with the introduction of player gods (mag is almost extinct and fo isn't exactly healthy!).  A simple solution would be to give every priest every spell, but this seems to really cheapen the idea of a god entirely.  So....

Link non-combat spells to various skills for players not of that god.  Priests of a different god still need to meet the faith requirement on top of a certain skill requirement for certain spells.

Some examples are:

Light token - 50 Firemaking

Lurker in the Deep - 50 Fishing

Lurker in the Woods - 50 Tracking

Mend - 70 Repair

Frost/Firebrand - 50 Strength

LT/MS/Venom - 70 Strength

CoC/WoA - 50 Mind

Wild Growth - 50 Forestry

Charm - 50 Animal Taming

Genesis - 70 Animal Husbandry

So a vyn priest with 70 animal husbandry AND 70 faith would be able to cast genesis, however, a fo priest with 70 faith would also be able to cast it without the need to grind AH to 70.  The numbers here are just pulled from the top of the head, I am certain they could be balanced based on the difficulty of levelling various skills AS A PRIEST.

It makes spell lists matter in terms of which god you pick (grinding a stat to 50 is no easy job), but it also means that putting time into a priest doing something other than channel grinding really pays off.  It also means that the addition of new spells to various gods becomes less of a contested matter since every god will eventually be able to get it.  The main point is to link the spells to skills that EVERY god can make use of...

I like the idea of allowing any priest to gather all the spells through grind or otherwise. The less artificial restrictions any character has, the better.

+1

I'm all for this idea for non-combat, non enchant spells (like reveal creatures, mend, etc), but I oppose homogenization of enchanting spells.

• Like 1

-1 from me as well. Makes priests even more useless. There needs to be a good balance between the existing spells, maybe some new key spells for the player gods and giving back the old key spells to the old gods (for instance Fo with Genesis) but this doesn't help anything.

• Like 1

I still think they need to stop the making of player gods and gradually remove the player gods from the game. They definitely have cheapened the original 4 gods, making most of the 4 relatively useless compared to the player gods.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rhianna said:

I still think they need to stop the making of player gods and gradually remove the player gods from the game. They definitely have cheapened the original 4 gods, making most of the 4 relatively useless compared to the player gods.

While that's a solution I personally would love to see its never going to happen.  Player gods are just too damn convenient for most folks.

• Like 2

-1 rock paper scissors is the key to making them all feel unique again.  I don't mean to down vote without a solution, I think an entire player God rebalance would work better.  Getting every priest to use every spell through grinding seems to take away from who you follow, or am I missing something?

Wouldnt this just make it so that all priests, whatever diety they follow, would have to have the same skills high? I guess in your plan a Vyn priest need the same for botd as a Fo priest need for coc/woa?

Im sry, i dont think this is a solution that would make anyone feel they want to make one of the priests you mention as extinct.

Why would i level a Mag priest after this, and not just a Vyn or a Paa (if i already wanted one of them)?

-1 from me.

Edited by Nordlys

Wurm need remove player gods from pve ;) or make spell list like other gods