Sign in to follow this  
newman330

Undead and silver

While grinding mining, ive accumulated quite a bit of silver.  Got me to thinking.

Been a while since we have had any new creatures introduced... think fog spider.  I suggest undead versions of wolves, bears, wild cats, etc be added to the game.  I'd like them to be tougher than their living, breathing cousins.  I'd also like them to be creatures of the night or creatures to be found in deep dark mines or they might be stirred from their slumbers soon after a rift event.  Night is generally a more dangerous time - except in Wurm.  Unless of course you fall off a ledge because you cant see when its dark  : )   Thinking these creatures could be more rare than other creatures, but maybe more common than fog spiders - only seen a few of these myself.

I would think that existing assets could be deployed with minor modification to show some ribs, red glowing eyes and other scary features.  Save some development resource for other planned additions to the game.

Would be nice if undead creatures caused wounds that required less used methods of healing - for instance using water to heal acid wounds.  Variety, its a sandbox afterall.

In order to have an advantage against these ungodly creatures, silver weapons could be deployed.  Normal weapons would work, but with penalties.  Silver would be much more efficient.

This could also solve the issue of having to deploy pumpkin spiders for halloween- Halloween would become a real nightmare!!  I bet if the devs were to start on this now, we could have a very interesting Halloween treat this year.

What yall think?

They exist but need to be rised by a player, unable to actually think of another reason (lorewise) that creatures would actually spawn as undead.

Good idea until you add in the silver weapons and additional healing methods so;
-1 to something that will require even more micromanaging.

It's a cool idea.. but I don't think wurm needs another creature under the rainbow

5eb76f963d7e2e3e2583c7b6c52f0c70.png

13 hours ago, Theodein said:

They exist but need to be rised by a player, unable to actually think of another reason (lorewise) that creatures would actually spawn as undead.

Im not suggesting the pvp creatures or system, im thinking pve specific here.  Well, I dont really see a heavy lore background for Wurm.  If a reason were to be needed, maybe it would be all these rift events.  These energy beams blasting and altering the landscape across the lands of Wurm are probably disturbing the land's natural balance.

13 hours ago, Greyfox said:

Good idea until you add in the silver weapons and additional healing methods so;
-1 to something that will require even more micromanaging.

Im thinking silver weapons would offer an advantage - they wouldn't be a necessity.  Just another use for silver if you will.  Im not suggesting a new healing method.  Water is the current healing method for acid injury.  Just suggesting variety.

Far as Im concerned, there cannot ever be too many creature types.  We've got building almost perfect, Food is now crazy complicated and interesting - Let's add to the adventure / hunting / fighting side of the game

+1 to more creature variety. Undead animals could be cool if you can breed them. I'd also love to see badgers in the game :)

I like it. Downers much. +3

I don't see unread things as scary though in any form. The darkness is the hook here. I've never seen a fog spider(maybe once forgot those things exist) and I was admiring the light fog effects as I was going through the steppe. Only real concern is animal cap.

BL players who get to suck ur blood! blah blah!

872d503a8376bf33524524eb24e61179.jpg