Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

Flatten/level does not work when dredging

Cannot use flatten and level command when dredging.

While swimming and dredge activated, the options to level/flatten is present and can be selected but nothing happens. No error messages, no action timer, nothing at all.

Trying to use the above options while embarked will cause the you need to be on solid ground error message - which is correct to have an error although the wording is not true in the water.

I can use the legacy dredge command while swimming and not embarked, the dredge action finishes and dirt is produced in the dredge.

So it broke already? Dang.:( It worked fine yesterday. Could flatten a tile on bottom and dredge in boat with dirt dumping in boat.

It did not work for me even after the patch went live. How did you do it? Dredge activated, swimming above a tile and flatten/level, right?

Edited by Jaz

Flatten worked for me. Didn't check "Level" yet.

Thanks for the replies - I think now I know what may be wrong here: the upper end of the tile is above water so it is still for digging.

Will try to dig it down to max and start dredging from there soon.

After some more testing the following I found:

I cannot flatten or level a tile with 70 slope underwater.

I can flatten a tile with max slope of 19 underwater

EDIT: I need to dredge at least 1 slope after digging to max depth with a shovel to get the flatten with dredge work.

So what is missing is an error message I think - I have the option to flatten but does not work and I get no feedback that something is wrong.

Edited by Jaz