Sign in to follow this  
koroth

Community Highway Question

I have a question for the Deli Community. I was wondering with the recent addition of new road types if everyone would be interested in coming up with a standard Major Highway type/style that can be used to assist with showing the most highly used roads in Deliverance. My intent here is to see if we could come up with an agreement to a standard major highway marking system. I know what the official ruling for marking a highway is, and am not looking to move any current roads, but am interested in seeing if we'd like to mark our roads in a specific design to help new people find their way around our lands.

What I would like to see:

Major Highways (north/south highway) marked with 3 lanes in a unique way that is only used for the most important roads (historical).

Collaboration on a standard road design (perhaps using new road types)

would just like to know if this is an idea others would like to see implemented.

I like doing highway work, and have no issue with converting highways to what ever uniform is decided upon.  But what ever is decided on, practicality would be something to keep in mind.  Like is some one decides marble slabs look best.  In order to just do 1 row of 3 wide, would be equivalent to doing 5 rows 3 wide with normal bricks.

Even thou it would look good, we are not the police and who is gonna make sure people make their roads in a way someone else decided? (in the future).

I feel we should not make decisions for everyone in a sandbox.

• Like 3

*agrees with Cecci*

I have made a few highways and connections around my area and would not like to conform them to anyone else's idea of how they should be changed into some type of uniformed system. Beyond that I really don't see the necessity of it anyway. A very *few* signs could be planted for those general directions needed.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

Maybe just naming major roads and posting signs at intersections , so I am on Blueberry Road, I can look at the community map and see where that road is, and at the junction of Grey road and Blueberry road I want to go south or some such. just like in the real world, you use a map and street names to get around, this would not require any tearing up roads just to change the brick type. I for one use alternating slabs of rock and marble because in the snow you can still see where the road it easily.