Sign in to follow this  
AshtonBlack

Food Decay on Merchants

Since the WU cooking update, I'd become quite the gastronome, to the point where I thought about opening a little cafe on our server and offering high nutritional food and perhaps drinks.

Apart from mail order is there anyway to sell meals?. I can't really use a normal merchant, since the decay on him seems to be enhanced to the point of decaying the meal within a couple of days.

Does anyone know of a Mod to alter this?

Would getting a GM to set the merchant to "no decay" help?

Does anyone know of any plans for a Bartender/Tavern Keep type merchant is on the cards? (I think I read about it somewhere, but I can't remember where.)

Make as many larders your restaurant can hold -> attarch lock on every shelf -> sell keys on merchant -> profit. :)

Anyone know exactly where in the code that makes food on merchants decay faster? I know it's possible to remove decay from a merchant's inventory.

Another thing I think needs changing is to remove the requirement of use a sealing item. The peg is a tolerable cost but the wax kit isn't (imo). The difficulty of the wax kit makes it harder to sell things like sealed jars for a reasonable price. It's possible to replace the existent WU sealing action with a new one that doesn't require sealing items and is instant.

@AshtonBlackin summary, with a MOD.

We could remove decay from merchant inventory by pinpointing where in the code that decay is being applied and then add some logic that zero's it or blocks it from happening if the creature is a merchant. I'm pretty sure merchants are of type createSalesmanTemplate.

On 4/15/2017 at 5:04 PM, Nordlys said:

Make as many larders your restaurant can hold -> attarch lock on every shelf -> sell keys on merchant -> profit. :)

I am currently trying to do this on the server I play on and there doesn't seem to be a way to put a lock on the shelves inside the larder.. Just one on the whole larder itself. I really hope that I am missing something, because locking each shelf would be AMAZING!

4 hours ago, Kitaelia said:

I am currently trying to do this on the server I play on and there doesn't seem to be a way to put a lock on the shelves inside the larder.. Just one on the whole larder itself. I really hope that I am missing something, because locking each shelf would be AMAZING!

Hm. I might have failed helping you then. :(