Sign in to follow this  
newman330

Large tool chest

A tool chest that can be placed next to farming area and hold tools such as rakes, scythes, shovels, etc.  Would also like to be able to place it in cart or wagon.  Not thinking it would stop all tool decay, just reduced decay and convenient storage.

Already in the game as... house(shed)/wagon/cart + coffin/raft(cant be locked..)

• Like 1

I think the main point of the post is just for having another option for storage.. much like swords fit in a polearm rack, but we have the different model.  More decorations are always a plus in wurm :)

+1

I use a cupboard to storemost of my stuff like the OP was asking about. Only thing that dont fit is the fishing pole

Neither a fishing pole nor a range pole will fit in a large chest.  A large chest is a catch all and coffins?  I really dont enjoy using coffins for anything.  Im thinking of a specialized tool chest that holds large tools that might be shared among villagers.

I dont generally park carts / wagons in random locations and call them "storage units".  Our farming area on Xanadu is quite a ways from our main compound, so it would be nice to have a place to keep tools in that area that looks fit for purpose.

The other part is some measure of damage reduction.  I was away for a while and the tools I kept in my cart on deed were in a pretty bad state of decay.  Not saying take all decay away.... no... just reduce it some.

Next would be a large tool bag that keeps the large tools that one carries in their backpack in a nice tidy state.  : )

12 minutes ago, newman330 said:

Next would be a large tool bag that keeps the large tools that one carries in their backpack in a nice tidy state.  : )

Did you know, that you can make folders in your inventory to organize it? I have a folder called "tools" and "armour" and so on, which you can expand to see all insides or close to have anything invisible just the organizers showing. So inventorys can be very nicely organized without the carry of extra bags which add weight anyway. Simply go over inventory, right click, add group and then sort your stuff ;-).

C0uSrCp.png

Edited by Sirene

yes... i have a few 'folders' in my backpack.  These folders do not 'contain' items so whatever is kept in the folders is counted individually toward backpack item count limit.  I prefer keeping the overall pack count low for the odd occasion when im foraging / botanizing or harvesting and want to carry the max number of items possible.  I dont mind the weight of a backpack or a large tool bag.