Sign in to follow this  
Finndar

Finndar's Day Trip Around Crystal Lake

I was home on Friday recovering from a bout of bronchitis. I decided to get on my horse, and take a leisurely ride around the entirety of Crystal Lake.  My journey started in Crystal Bay, denoted in the black circle here.  I went east through Grand Steppe, south along the eastern side of the lake, then around the southern edge over to S Mtn Road, and back.  The journey took approximately 4 or 5 hours, with an extended break in the middle when the wife unit wanted to do some errands.

0Uyw3jA.png

Some screenshots along the way.

East Crystal Highway, off the path, someone murdered around 100 trees. Oddly, the stumps were all gone, but the logs were still there.

peaq00t.jpg

Saw a picket fence painted lavender, which I think works quite nicely with Wurm's natural colors:

TiUJAtQ.jpg

Found a chess board they had created - using statues for pieces, and turrets for the rooks.  VERY creative.

yB6OGMY.jpg

Kenolein's champion mountain lion was peeking his head out the window as I drove by. Cute kitty!

XbfHAvY.jpg

Came upon someone playing with new housing textures, including this plain marble facade.  Very clean lines.

GEZj2v6.jpg

I liked this large grape vineyard, which had alternating rows of sand and grapes:

IUAkZJz.jpg

On the shoreline, I found a MOB I didn't know existed in the game: a crab.  4 months playing the game, and I had never seen or heard talk of a crab :)

LNok2oa.jpg

One of Indy's more famous players is Darwin ("DOOM") and I happened upon his massive bison farm:

7LbAUDU.jpg

Next door was a really interesting (to me) mine entrance.  Note that the bushes are hazelnut, all planted center in two perfect rows.  Inside this mine I found a sandstone node, too.

s057h7R.jpg

While walking on S Mtn Hwy, I came upon two gift-wrapped presents.  I have never seen gift-wrapped presents here.  According to CA Telurius, these are really old. You used to be able to wrap something in a wood scrap and send it as a gift.  These two items were on the ground with 99.9+ damage, so their time in Wurm is quickly ... wrapping up :)

Uv13nIK.jpg

My final stop before home was this week's Rift site.  The pic doesnt do it justice, because a lot was outside my clipping plane.  There were thousands of pieces of filleted meat everywhere.  An absolute slaughter.

rwcUgYa.jpg

• Like 11

Adventuring in Wurm is by far one of my favorite things to do. This adventure is making me miss my days on inde :'(

• Like 2

I miss gifts so much. I still have a very few which are not completely decayed (but close to). My strong hope is that gift wrapping will be reenabled at some point - with a nerf to decay protection if that is the price to pay.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jaz said:

I miss gifts so much. I still have a very few which are not completely decayed (but close to). My strong hope is that gift wrapping will be reenabled at some point - with a nerf to decay protection if that is the price to pay.

I also have a small collection which I bring out every Christmas and place around my Christmas trees.

• Like 1

On 15/04/2017 at 2:00 AM, Finndar said:

My final stop before home was this week's Rift site.  The pic doesnt do it justice, because a lot was outside my clipping plane.  There were thousands of pieces of filleted meat everywhere.  An absolute slaughter.

rwcUgYa.jpg

Haha! Filleted meat was my handywork.Fell asleep and missed the rift but there was plenty of meat lying around so took the opportunity to get some more butchering skill. :)

• Like 2