Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

no update?

thought we were getting an update 13th april, it's now the 14th, and no sign of it?

The update is live.

Edit: As Retro said.

Edited by Kadmint

Just now, Retrograde said:

Wurm Online, not Wurm Unlimited

Ah, I get confused by the forums... :P 

when do we get our update, please don't tell me it's not going to tell me its going to be another cooking update length? before we see it?

18 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Wurm Online, not Wurm Unlimited

22 minutes ago, ozmods said:

when do we get our update, please don't tell me it's not going to tell me its going to be another cooking update length? before we see it?

It will come to WU when it comes, we don't currently have a date for it. I don't see it being months though, the 1.3 update was a lot more database changes

18 hours ago, Retrograde said:

It will come to WU when it comes, we don't currently have a date for it. I don't see it being months though, the 1.3 update was a lot more database changes

i thought when WO got updated WU got updates at the same time, or was that a misinterpretation?

We dont update at the same time

There's a few technical reasons  behind the update systems, especially the fact we code and test directly for WO.

When moving to a WU environment there's a lot more variables we don't have in our control, so testing that way becomes a lot harder and more time consuming.

WO updates are also much easier, WU requiring a redownload via steam players vs smaller downloads for WO players and no server downloads, meaning if things do break and we do need to fix them urgently, it doesnt mean complete new packs.

Once things are on WO and we're fairly certain no major bugs are in the system (or none hopefully) then we move it to the WU branch and start working on the specific bugs that rise there.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ozmods said:

i thought when WO got updated WU got updates at the same time, or was that a misinterpretation?

I just view it as these new updates will hit WU in a minimum of an unlikely 1 month to a more likely 2-3 months. Eventually they will get there though and in the meantime there is plenty to do there and enjoy in the interim. A lot of the update stuff I don't bother with in WO anyway since it is just too time consuming and not worth the time investment there. In this instance patience seems to be rewarded in the end.

=Ayes=

• Like 1