Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes: 13/APR/17

7 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Bug fix: Deity colossi can now be destroyed by owner and/or mayor on a deed.

Are deed owners allowed to rotate them? If not; pretty please allow it. :)

As usual, fantastic to see so many improvements!

1 hour ago, Sirene said:

Applause for this update! Puts a lot of people back into gear to build on their deeds again :) 

yeh thats such a great thing

Bug fix: Fix to prevent most unique creatures from spawning inside a deed.

• New dragon types use a different spawn mechanic and may still spawn in a village.

Pretty sure this does not mean we got new dragon types just now. Hatchlings? or what is this referring to? I've only played this game 2-3 years and can't really recollect new dragon types. Then again, I don't usually pay attention to them unless they park at my backyard.

blue dragon and drake, red drake ..

15 minutes ago, Nestangol said:

Bug fix: Fix to prevent most unique creatures from spawning inside a deed.

• New dragon types use a different spawn mechanic and may still spawn in a village.

Pretty sure this does not mean we got new dragon types just now. Hatchlings? or what is this referring to? I've only played this game 2-3 years and can't really recollect new dragon types. Then again, I don't usually pay attention to them unless they park at my backyard.

[17:20:08] <Kix> "New dragon types use a different spawn mechanic and may still spawn in a village."
[17:20:12] <Kix> what new dragon types
[17:21:27] <Retrograde> green, blue, white, black dragons
[17:21:33] <Retrograde> blue/red hatchlings

13 minutes ago, Jaz said:

blue dragon and drake, red drake ..

Thanks for reply. I rechecked wurmpedia and there is entry for blue dragon. No blue drake or red drake. New change? or just wurmpedia outdated?

edit:

Nvm, I see the info above my post now.

Edited by Nestangol
already answered

4 hours ago, Propheteer said:

As summed in discord, the effect on PvP from these changes

b80544e351.png

inb4 "b-b-but it hasnt been out for more than a day how could you possibly know what the new meta is going to be and the effect it has on raiding" with complete disregard for the fact ive been raiding for like 10 years.

If repairing is too fast compared to catapulting, we'll tweak it - I've said this already. I'm not changing it based on untested fears though. Winching speeds were already decreased across the board to take a bit off the hit of having to winch more than previously to go the same distance.

"Bugs galore": All fences and walls are bashable. You didn't actually mention anything else in this long list of bugs you apparently have, so I can only assume that's the only one you could think of. No doubt some will be found now that it's live and there are many more people actually playing around with it, which we will fix as they come up.

7 hours ago, bloodmaster said:

What does this actually mean? Is it line of sight from the top or bottom? Is it using archery mechanics e.g. Are they not able to shoot over tall walls/buildings and/or shoot through windows?

As Gary said, they previously took line of sight from the base of the items, which is why they wouldn't shoot from a second story or over walls or anything. They'll now check line of sight from (approx.) where they fire from on the model, so should be able to shoot over some fences etc.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Egard said:

Has this been addressed @Budda@Retrograde

Hello !!! @Buddayou didn't reply to jake in the feedback or to me here is this till a case. The new house types couldn't be bashed. 

1 minute ago, Egard said:

Hello !!! @Buddayou didn't reply to jake in the feedback or to me here is this till a case. The new house types couldn't be bashed. 

Sorry I replied in another thread where he had brought it up, yes it was fixed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Budda said:

If repairing is too fast compared to catapulting, we'll tweak it - I've said this already. I'm not changing it based on untested fears though. Winching speeds were already decreased across the board to take a bit off the hit of having to winch more than previously to go the same distance.

"Bugs galore": All fences and walls are bashable. You didn't actually mention anything else in this long list of bugs you apparently have, so I can only assume that's the only one you could think of. No doubt some will be found now that it's live and there are many more people actually playing around with it, which we will fix as they come up.

Just to clarify, we aren't talking about repairing, we are talking about spamming fences inside of a house that stops progression of a raid via removing the ability to destroy the house and impeding the raiders ability to progress. BEFORE the change you could outspam fences, AFTER the change you can outspam many times more. It's been something myself and others who raid (very few people because the game has made it so difficult already). The easy solution would be to prevent wooden fence spam from preventing the house to be destroyed, as myself and many others have previously suggested, sometimes in feedback threads made by the developers themselves. Repairing is perfectly fine, the time difference between fences and house walls is questionable.

As for bugs galore, when that screenshot was taken, people were complaining about the walls being unbashable, i then inferred that it wouldnt be fixed because it took parapets being indestructable over three months to be fixed, and chain fences just as long (and not sure if they have actually been fixed yet as i haven't raided anything since, seeing as how 1000 catapult shots or more were rendered completely useless because the object took no damage or wasnt possible to hit depending on the scenario.) I'll apologize for that though, as that part was more written out of rage or spite.

The first part of what i wrote holds water, and anyone with a working knowledge of basic arithmetic can see how broken it is. In some cases working knowledge of basic arithmetic may not be necessary, because you can just spam wooden fences in the same house where the attackers aren't catapulting to prevent its removal, forcing them to constantly have to shift taking much muhc much much longer than just winching and firing.

If you can't remove a longhouse, you can't remove a portion of the dirtwall, if you can't remove a portion of the dirtwall (depending on deed design), you can't hit the tokenhouse. If you can't hit the tokenhouse, you can't drain the deed. If you can't drain the deed, you can't disband the deed and can't access any goodies held in safemines.

Edited by Propheteer

22 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

Just to clarify, we aren't talking about repairing, we are talking about spamming fences inside of a house that stops progression of a raid via removing the ability to destroy the house and impeding the raiders ability to progress. BEFORE the change you could outspam fences, AFTER the change you can outspam many times more. It's been something myself and others who raid (very few people because the game has made it so difficult already). The easy solution would be to prevent wooden fence spam from preventing the house to be destroyed, as myself and many others have previously suggested, sometimes in feedback threads made by the developers themselves. Repairing is perfectly fine, the time difference between fences and house walls is questionable.

As for bugs galore, when that screenshot was taken, people were complaining about the walls being unbashable, i then inferred that it wouldnt be fixed because it took parapets being indestructable over three months to be fixed, and chain fences just as long (and not sure if they have actually been fixed yet as i haven't raided anything since, seeing as how 1000 catapult shots or more were rendered completely useless because the object took no damage or wasnt possible to hit depending on the scenario.) I'll apologize for that though, as that part was more written out of rage or spite.

The first part of what i wrote holds water, and anyone with a working knowledge of basic arithmetic can see how broken it is. In some cases working knowledge of basic arithmetic may not be necessary, because you can just spam wooden fences in the same house where the attackers aren't catapulting to prevent its removal, forcing them to constantly have to shift taking much muhc much much longer than just winching and firing.

If you can't remove a longhouse, you can't remove a portion of the dirtwall, if you can't remove a portion of the dirtwall (depending on deed design), you can't hit the tokenhouse. If you can't hit the tokenhouse, you can't drain the deed. If you can't drain the deed, you can't disband the deed and can't access any goodies held in safemines.

The test servers atill have the setups requested for testing your hypothetical issues, so feel free to jump on and test and see if they translate into actuality.

22 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

The test servers atill have the setups requested for testing your hypothetical issues, so feel free to jump on and test and see if they translate into actuality.

My "hypothetical" issues aren't hypothetical, they existed before, and they exist now. But please, enlighten me at how ignoring this issue by telling me to test it, doing so, and coming back after double confirming it exists and letting you know to do what exactly? Tell me again that this balance issue is still a hypothetical?

And before you tell me you wouldn't do that, your staff members did it last time you asked people to test something, they presented an issue, they were told to test it (again), they did, they presented the issue again, and they got told once again to test it.

I'm done here, i'm sure there wont be people complaining about this "hypothetical" problem in the near future, but if they do ill be sure to blast the forums with i told you so because my "hypothetical" issues were dead accurate, as usual, -every- -single- -time- a change like this is made around PvP.

Edited by Propheteer

I';m saying test it, provide scenarios we can observe on the test server, and we will be able to see these hypothetical scenarios in action. It's why we've run this through test for three weeks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I';m saying test it, provide scenarios we can observe on the test server, and we will be able to see these hypothetical scenarios in action. It's why we've run this through test for three weeks.

Do you want me to give you a scenario for the staff team to run through, or do you want me to organize a raid on the test server to demonstrate that this is still a broken mechanic? My kingdom members have already confirmed that this still worked before the patch even went live, but if you want something to observe ill try to get something together.

If im unable to get people to join me in my efforts, set up multiple catapulters, put two people on a dirtwall, have the two people spamming wooden fences/gates (doesn't matter) while the catapulters try to remove the house (like the full house itself, like what would happen in a normal raid)

Reason being that in most cases, barring extreme terrain, the interior token house usually isnt in a position where you can cause severe structural damage where its wide open, or if it is possible but being defended you won't be able to drain without a safe route.

In order to get a safe route, you would need to go through a dirtwall, to go through a dirtwall you must remove the entirety of the longhouse on top, which are usually around 2x18 in size with multiple stories. And yes, the entirety, that means the structural walls, the parapets, any fences on any level of the structure, the floors.

The kicker is, a fence anywhere on the interior prevents the house from being demolished, this is also barring the other issue of walls on top stories being near impossible to hit and requiring manual bashing.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

Do try to get something together, the catapults have been spawned along with all materials needed, and I'm happy to provide more.

I'll leave something I said in the test thread as food for thought though.

On 12/04/2017 at 9:24 PM, Retrograde said:

If that is the case, it can be tweaked and adjusted as we go on.

The issue we face with things like these is we need actual feedback regarding actions done, rather than just hypotheticals thrown out. If you suspect something will work one way, we have the test server setup to allow you and your deed/kingdom/friends/worst enemies to come and try out a mock scenario.

If it needs to come to live before we can get actual feedback as opposed to fears about how it will work, or hypothetical impacts, then we will do our best to make sure that all bugs and exploits involved are addressed (thank you for reporting them in this thread btw!) and work with live feedback once it lands in the game and the PvP community actually uses the new mechanics.

This does stretch out how fast we can react, as test servers can literally be tweaked and updated in hours/minutes, but we cannot bring down live servers every few hours to adjust figures and take feedback.

The test server is extremely important, not only for us ensuring that the majority, if not all bugs are identified and removed prior to something going live, but also to gain feedback on how mechanics feel in the actual game, as opposed to how they sound on paper.

We will continue to work on communicating PvP changes in threads like these, and working with those who do provide feedback, so please do everything you can to work with us, it helps us both in the long run.

5 hours ago, Propheteer said:

Just passing by here... Would allowing enemies to remove unbuilt plans or dig under them when it doesn't affect finished walls break PvP? Sorry if that's dumb.

Edited by zigozag

Everyone else: Yay!  New things to build!

The Priests: Oh....   We can....  Erm....  Make hot cross buns and chip new types of brick?  Yay?  Wait, what do you mean our anti-deeding hedge mazes are gone?!?  God damn it....

Seriously though, it is a nice update content wise.  I'm looking forward to convincing someone to remodel my cottage for me.

2 hours ago, zigozag said:

Just passing by here... Would allowing enemies to remove unbuilt plans or dig under them when it doesn't affect finished walls break PvP? Sorry if that's dumb.

i don't think so, one of my favorite ideas was the ability to unplan parts of a house as you knocked off stuff, like knocking out the outer 4 tiles and being able to remove them

\o/  Awesome update!  Had removed a hedge on my deed the day before this released... last time I have to bash one! \o/

Excited to try out all the new construction options this week-end.  I get the feeling my large maul is going to see a lot of action.

@PropheteerWhen I played Planetside 2, I was very much into it.  I remember banging my head against the wall thinking, "how could you devs not have foreseen this!!  Curse all that is Sony!"  ***

I get where you're coming from, and I'll be the first to concede the majority of pvp content in Wurm is way over my head, but one thing to consider:

Not sure we can really fault the devs for wanting to operate off of empirical data, and having that empirical data in hand when making tweaks/changes.  Frustrating from the player's perspectives, been there, I get it.  On the other hand, down the road, it's a good procedure to follow.  One thing nobody wants is the illusion of impropriety, the illusion that devs listen to xyz and make changes based on that alone.  It's been a complaint, founded or not is above my paygrade, but having empirical data to back up what they do is a great way to maintain transparency going forward.

Pretty sure such transparency and empirically based reasoning is something many in the community have actively asked for.  Let's not plunge the pitch forks for getting what we want.

Hope everyone has a great week-end experimenting with all the new content :)   

*** on the bright side, my frustration often translated into the annihilation of entire enemy squads using a cloaked infiltrator with sub-machine gun.  Yup, I was one of those :lol:

22 hours ago, Retrograde said:

You might have 3x the bricks now

Hey Retrograde, can you confirm that this is actually the case now? I made a lot of clay bricks before the update and now one of the large crates that was holding the bricks/materials is giving me huge amounts of clay. I don't know if this is a bug or just the game refunding all the extra clay for the bricks I made previously.

The guy he responded to said he still had same number.

59 minutes ago, Cecci said:

The guy he responded to said he still had same number.

The same number of bricks yes, and yesterday I didn't have my endless clay crate yet. I am just wondering if it's bugged or refunding all the clay. I'll probably just wiithdraw the clay to see if there's a limit to it, which should be about 1500 pieces if my theory is right.

EDIT: Nvm, seems it was a graphical issue. After relogging the crate is fine again.

Edited by Vengus

On 4/13/2017 at 10:03 AM, DevBlog said:

NEW FENCE TYPES:

• Pottery brick fence.
  • Pottery brick iron fence.
  • Pottery brick iron fence gate.
  • Sandstone fence.
  • Sandstone iron fence.
  • Sandstone iron fence gate.
  • Marble fence.
  • Marble iron fence.
  • Marble iron fence gate.
  • Rendered fence.
  • Rendered iron fence.
  • Rendered iron fence gate.
  • Slate fence.
  • Slate iron fence.
  • Slate iron fence gate.
  • Round stone fence.
  • Round stone iron fence.
  • Round stone iron fence gate.

No room, or overlooked, tall stone walls for the new fence types?

Just now, JakeRivers said:

No room, or overlooked, tall stone walls for the new fence types?

No room, will come eventually as well

Slate fences my newest favorite fence for ever and ever!

m2NIQbV.jpg

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 4

Sign in to follow this