Sign in to follow this  
Agani

Restarting player, no tools, no home.

Hi,

I want to restart wurm online after a long period of absence.
I have enough skills to manage but I have none of the needed tools. Have things like a file, but nothing to cut or mine with.

I'm around Kinoss Bay. I used to have a deed there but that deed is long gone.
Someone else is living in the area and I can barely recognise it.

So what i need help with is:

• Tools or a way to get/make them.
  • Some tips on an area with some access to the basics where I can start up again.
  • Maybe a nice community of people to join (don't specifically want the hermit life again). 

I hope some of you can give me tips. Would really like to play again, but the hurdles I have to take to get the basics back have been holding me back for a while now.

"salvage"

Beg people for tools in exchange for manual labor.

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Crude_tools

No ax for some reason though.

EDIT: Cant be much help on groups in Freedom willing to help new players as my knowledge on pve communities is scanty.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 2

And doing all that without getting eating. Looking forward to it ;)

Thanks for the reply this is really helpful.

Hey, if you need anything drop me a message on the forums I have quite a bit of extra stuff lying around my deed, will send you what I can to help you get started.

Edited by shakys
  • Like 1

I'm assuming you're wanting to do this without putting any cash in, since a quick look through the WTS board has lots of people selling basic, cheapy tools for very little - you could get a complete set of tools with basic enchants for a few silver.  A lot of deeds have mailboxes - asking in local for the nearest one will probably show you a close one - but failing that, all the starter deeds have them.

For food, foraging is your friend - it's not great, but you can get everything you need to make some basic meals.  A source of clay for pottery and some crude tools if you genuinely don't have any of the starter tools is all you need.  Or just ask in one of the chats - most folks will mail you a hot meal for nothing more than the postage cost.

If you've lost your newbie tools, you can get a fresh set by making a new throw-away character and meeting up with it and trading the tools across.  Or just make yourself a set of crude tools, and ask around for the nearest publicly-accessible clay and iron.  The only thing that's really hard to replace is flint and steel, and if you don't want to go the throw-away char route, asking in GL will generally get you one posted.

Feel free to pass me a text if you haven't found anything yet. We're a fairly large sized alliance and I'm sure we can help you get started. :) 

• Like 1

make a new account it will have all the basic tools, gear. Trade all the tools and gear to your preferred account and you are sorted. 

• Like 1

Hey, I want to thank everyone for the replies. People praise this community for good reason.

Jberg whispered me and mailed me a "carepackage" i'll check it out tonight (if I can find a mailbox ;) )

If I stay near guard towers I can get myself sorted again. After that it's just finding a new place to call home :) 

This topic can be closed off. (Not sure if I can do that myself)