Sign in to follow this  
Governor

Completely Erase A Player From The Database

I am trying to completely delete a player on a non hosted 24/7 dedicated server. I tried to delete the entry in the wurmplayers.db but after making  a new character with the same name I am seeing the old character when trying to manage house and container permissions. Any ideas on how to permanently delete that character would be appreciated. Rebuilding the database is absolutely out of the question as everyone would lose what they have worked hard to create.

Edited by Governor

Deleteing the player from DB, wont remove all the other entries related to that players name/ID.

I have not seen a GM chat # command to remove a player.

What are you trying to do?

did some one else create a character that you wanted to use?

IIf so, you can change the password of the character and then log in.

Edited by bigsteve

I am just changing the name for the player. She was sharing an account with someone and then bought the game. So she wanted to make a new character with the same name to play. I changed all of the players skills in game one at a time. Everything except seeing the old character when trying to manage house and container permissions.

The owner of the account just have to login with "her" charakter and have to change the password with

/password <Steam ID of the Account owner> <Steam ID of the new WU Player>

...than she should be able to login with this char from the own computer without you have to delete/rename any chars or rebuild the skills

Permissions to houses/containers should also work because its stored in with the wurm-id of the char

A new created char get a new wurm-id so permissions wont work without a hard update on the databases......and i dont realy know if this would work than at all situations.

Eject

Edited by Eject