Sign in to follow this  
Silvirwolfe

Recruitment tab in game

Just like the trade chat, we need a recruitment tab. I don't have a problem with people wanting to recruit, but when I see it every half hour to hour, it makes me want to /ignore a perfectly nice player for no reason other than I am tired of the advertisement. Wouldn't be too hard to implement and would save a lot of groans in Freedom/GL freedom. 

We also have a WTS/WTT/WTB forum and we have a trade channel. As I stated before, I don't like ignoring perfectly nice people for village recruitment in game.

• Like 1

The village recruitment board is the best place for this, ou can put up your village ad and direct players to it.

I don't see another tab coming in just for recruitment

When people do their copy-paste hourly spiels it does get a bit annoying.

Asked and answered :)

Edited by Reylaark
Received clarification on dev response, thanks!

On 4/10/2017 at 4:50 AM, Retrograde said:

The village recruitment board is the best place for this, ou can put up your village ad and direct players to it.

There should be some easier way to get social with wurm.... ingame.. and not requiring forums

...and spare a thought for those poor chat mods, who'll have one more channel they have to keep an eye on!

On 10/04/2017 at 2:50 AM, Retrograde said:

The only problem I see with village boards, is players on other servers don't see them and even players on the larger servers are unlikely to just happen across them.

Placing at starter villages is ok, but it means placing at all the starter villagers as a new player would usually have no idea where to go initially, let alone luckily choose your server.

A separate tab would remove the spam from the other tabs and make it more manageable. New players would then also have a defined place to look to join a village, rather than rely on luck and timing to see and ad or ask if anyone is recruiting. A separate tab would be monitored by those actively recruiting and looking for villages and liable to end up with better success.

Anyway that's my two cents ;)

• Like 2

What if you could place a recruitment board at the end of the tutorial?   Then new players could maybe decide form that which server they would like to go to??

• Like 1

+1

Having recruited most of my villagers from freedom or global chat a recruitment tab would be very useful. I do feel bad personally for posting my recruitment ad in chat but as a tried and tested means unless something better comes along I'm not going to stop.

• Like 1