Sign in to follow this  
Kelody

Log Pile - Container

A container that can be secured like a bsb, and maybe locked, holds 600 logs, only logs. Four or 6 posts at the ends, with a couple beams across the bottom. Show just the beams when empty, a small stack of logs when less than half full, and a large stack of logs as it gets close to full. Of if possible, small stack, medium stack, and tall stack when completely full. Being the same size as a loaded bsb is fine, crates are a better option for shipping logs, Just small enough to be relocated by wagon.

I know crates work well, but they are ugly and can't be secured. My shipyard looks more like a warehouse.

Edited by Kelody
  • Like 1

+1

I know somebody had suggested a wood shed a while back, that would do similiar but be an actual building taking up a full tile. Either way I support that idea, as well as this one. Just as long as we get a dedicated storage for logs :)

Huge tub or large storage unit don't prevent decay like a crate or BSB.

Well, they don't indeed, so read the linked comment first :D

Ok i'll just quote it:

On 17.11.2014 at 5:33 PM, Brash_Endeavors said:

Speaking of "large storage," I'd also like to add a SINGLE ITEM TYPE SILO, which like a bsb stops decay but unlike a BSB, holds only ONE TYPE but much much more of it than a bsb. I want one for cotton, one for wool, one for logs, one for dirt as those take up way too much space in a normal BSB.  I can see stonemasons liking these, too.  They are 1x1 buildings, with a lock they can be managed just like a minedoor (set permissions to both groups and names). To balance these, they cannot be moved or loaded (like the oil barrel for olive oil) and only one on a tile. They are buildings and not transport containers.  I would probably put a cluster of them out in my  crop fields, and one or two at my waterside loading docks.

silo-in-overgrowth-deborah-benoit.jpg

just reduce the volume of logs so I can put more than 198 or w/e into a bsb problem solved

edit: in fact, make it so I can put 853 logs in a bsb just like rockshards and dirt/sand/etc

Edited by Tryfaen
  • Like 1

The silo idea is grand, but a little more involved than my suggestion. There's also the question of averaging qualities. The log pile is just a specialized bsb.