Sign in to follow this  
quasiwud

central deli canal

i am building a canal from echo lake to near deli keep to enable water commerce to central deli

more details (map) of the exact traject - open air / bellow ground parts - width and so on would be great.

• Like 1

it will be above and below ground depending upon landscape 2 tiles wide. no idea how to show you a map

vxEda4M.png

that's the area - save the file, edit it in your favorite image editing program, upload it to imgur, paste the BBCode section right here.

Is there not already a boat tunnel from the lake near Deli Keep to Nightmare Lake? With the completion of the Harmony Pass project, it will provide boat access from Echo Lake - Nightmare Lake.  If the purpose of the new tunnel were to promote boat access to the central region, then a tunnel from the lake near Deli Keep down to Turtle Lake or a tunnel from the south coast to Shark Lake would be a better option - just my 2c worth

• Like 5

Ive been dredging outside of the canal in nightmare lake since the bigger issue with nightmare lake is depth.  there is also the start of a canal going west out from under deli keep to the lake. If we design this right you could make the canal a straight shot south of echo to tie into the one ive started. Just a thought.

Let me get this straight .... there are now three canal/boat tunnel projects going on in that area

Edited by VelvetSun

Still waiting for a map. Those lakes are now all interconnected, so knowing where this new canal will be and go and specially how it will cut the area in half would be a great thing.

sIOdHJE.png

Do note that since quasiwud expanded his deed over the west entrance of the Echo / Nightmare canal, he will have to either dredge it or allow someone to do it. Otherwise the canal is fully fonctional atm for row/sailboat and knarrs.

Canal is now fully fonctional, so the 5 lakes are all connected togethers and to the sea

Edited by Odynn
  • Like 4

When I was driving today to find a mailbox I came to a spot I think might be the new canal?

It goes direction north-south like just west of old safe Haven. Is this correct?

If so it will be a huge rift in the landscape since we are fairly high above water level here.

I thought it was gonna be tunnel partly?

Just from looking at dark from the road I'd think the whole stretch would go into a tunnel.

• Like 2

As a long standing resident of Deliverance I can honestly say that the large land destruction projects that Quasiwud has done and is doing like this open air canal is taking it way too far

This new project is destroying way too much of our already small island and making HUGE unsafe cliffs straight through the middle of Deliverance is not something we want or need and we are asking the staff to please put an end to his destruction of our server.

ENOUGH ALREADY !

We have an oak forest that covers 1/4 of our server that no one is allowed to touch, because Quasiwud complains any time some one chops any of those trees.  It has caused many of our good players to leave Deliverance or even quit Wurm completely out of the frustration of not having a fair say in what happens in their area and Quasiwud being allowed to continue to destroy the area and destroy their perimeters and nothing being done about it.

His destruction has gone on far too long and it is time for some one to step in and put a stop to it all.

Sun💜

Edited by VelvetSun
  • Like 3

Does have any sense to build an unsafe cliff where there are already underground canals that fulfill the same result?

Why is a single user able to do what it wants against the will of the rest of the players? If this is a sandbox game, it should be with the same rights for all users. If someone wants to be God in its own server, he can use WU instead of WO

• Like 2

We expect moderation staff members not to step into disputes that involve their friends, for all the obvious reasons.  Our moderation staff are largely volunteers, and expecting them not to play Wurm and participate in the community would be wildly unfair.  I am not aware of anyone not observing this principle, and I can see plenty of people recusing themselves from particular staff discussions for this reason.

If you feel a staff member has behaved in a biased fashion, please report them directly to their team lead (LFM/LCM/HGM/LDM), including the evidence you have.  Otherwise, please do not make vague, unsubstantiated accusations of bias; this helps nobody.  A moderation decision that doesn't go your way is not evidence of staff bias.  A moderation decision you don't agree with is not evidence of bias.  'Everyone knows' is not evidence of bias.  Where actual staff bias exists, we can and will do something about it, but random public name-calling isn't a path to a solution - if you have evidence of staff bias, PLEASE bring it to us so that we can do something about it!

If you have an issue that you wish to bring to the attention of the GM (or any other moderation) team, there are several ways of doing it that do not involve posting publicly: for the GM team, you can contact a GM directly, submit a ticket in-game, email gamemods@wurmonline.com, etc.  For forum matters, you can contact me directly, or any member of the forum team.  For bugs and issues, you can post in the relevant sections of the forum (or contact the GM team for sensitive / exploitable issues).

Pandalet (LFM)

There are spots on the map that I have to spend time having to figure out how to go around in some areas where this canal is.  So it is very frustrating for me.  So basically Deli split into 4 quarters? is this what I'm understanding?  So deli wont really be deli as a whole anymore but quarters or 4 small islands with quasi deed being the center of it all?  Help me to understand.

• Like 1

I have been asked by the GM team to lock this thread, as the matter is under investigation.

• Like 1