Sign in to follow this  
JohnRambo

My game grief

My friends,
I am one of you.  I have been living in this world of ours for years now.  Almost all of you are friendly, caring people and I feel a closeness with our community.

I am full of regret.  My duties and obligations to my community give me such pride, but I am tied down.  I often receive sincere compliments from villagers and visitors, but I also receive undue scorn from people I have never met (who only know my name).  I find myself avoiding logging in for days sometimes, procrastinating and wasting time, even though I cannot stop thinking about the game and my responsibilities to my villagers/allies.

I am so grateful to see my people happily playing and chatting in the alliance tab, and I want to do everything I can to enable them.  I was once just a new player in this very same alliance, and I fell in love with Wurm.  I have never lived anywhere else than this small local area.

I am powerless.  I am unable to receive help when being harassed, even after so many calls for /support.  We are told to "play nice" and then forgotten again, but nothing ever stops.  This person will not allow themself to be ignored.  I had privately told this person two years ago that I must politely decline working with them because I did not approve of their rude behavior towards local residents.

My close friend, whom I have known for almost twenty years, was not able to ignore this person, as much as I could do to reassure him.  The constant discussions about this makes it difficult to enjoy the game, being reminded how unfortunate we are to have such a neighbor.  "Don't let them win!", I would say, "Don't let them dominate your mind! That is what they want. They won't exist unless you let them into your thoughts!"

My friend doesn't play Wurm anymore.  He came back after many months, but is gone again for the same reasons.  I purchased and shared one skilled account with him, and we had a great time playing together.  This generosity has come back to punish me, but not because my friend misused my account: because of the association with my friend's IP address.

He apparently created an account in order to 'perform actions' against our neighbor (I am told), but I have not been able to reach my friend to confront him on this.  Based on the little info I am given on the situation, it is clear that someone at his IP address (he himself) used an account with a name I did not recognize.

The thing that gets me the most:  what I am told sealed my fate:  that I had pruned a hedge to free a new player who had fallen into an enclosure and claimed to be stuck (of course having no sickle, as a new player).  This hedge lies directly on the tile border which divides the perimeters of my neighbor and I.  While standing on my final tile of perimeter I pruned the hedge and was thanked by that person.

So that pruned hedge was later seen by the investigators as some kind of intent to allow access into this enclosure.  I presume the "actions" supposedly done by my friend took place there.  How could that have even been necessary if people can simply fall in?  It is absurd.  Do I regret helping that player?  No, it was the right thing to do; anybody who I have played with will tell you that I would go well out of my way to help (although freeing this person was easy, and I was right there).  There is no way that I could have just left him; that's not who I am.

• Like 3

god damnit this was a necro  spam bot both post

Edited by RainRain
  • Like 1

take a caterpault and kill him. oh wait it's freedom you are bound to rules. This is why i play pvp servers, come prune my hedge and see what happens - Nothing cause im civil.

• Like 1