Sign in to follow this  
Adambean

Bank item limit

Would anyone be interested in knocking up a small mod to adjust how many items can be stored in a bank? (Or make it size/weight based.) -- I've not noticed any existing configuration to adjust this.

Reason: I'd like to stash original keys, more than 5. :P

I actually looked into writing a mod to do this quite some time ago. There is just one routine that sets BANKS SIZE for each character when they are created. It is hardcoded to be set to 5, but wouldn't be hard to have it set it to some other value. However, there are some issues I never addressed. For one the bank management window doesn't scroll, so if you make it too large the later items won't be visible. Also I never looked into what would happen if you later made the size smaller and you have more than that new value worth of items in there. Handling these issues was a lot more work than I was able to invest at the time.

In the end, since I was only playing solo and not running a server I found it just easier to edit the database (wurmeconomy.db, table BANKS) and change SIZE from 5 to the size I wanted for my character (only had one entry since I only had one character).

If one wanted to get really fancy it might be nice to have it start with a small value and allow a player to purchase extra bank slots.

• Like 1

Ah I didn't know it was as simple as 1 integer in the economy database. I guess setting the item limit to 20 would not be unreasonable given the item window size.

Thank you for your insight. :)