Sign in to follow this  

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:14 AM, Retrograde said:

Community Content Contest

So with the new houses coming next week I'm sure you're all itching to get your hands on them and build them all, but what will you use?
It just so happens that I have a very shiny trowel that needs a new home, and I'm giving you all the chance to win it!

trowel.png

To win this beauty, we'll be having a contest for this weeks community content, it's caption time!

Simply provide a caption to this image, and whoever wins will be the brand new owner of this supreme steel trowel, with a 100(!) BotD cast.

caption.png

We'll also be running this on Facebook, so get on there and submit your captions too!

That's it for this week, I hope you're all busy preparing for the deed remodeling! Until then though, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

That's a nice horn... be a shame if someone cut it off with a dull, rusty saw.

8 hours ago, SmeJack said:

These are just a few things without even thinking too hard on it, there really is a huge amount of differences in game mechanics that would get confused. The people answering them will not know they are wrong and will have no idea how to respond when they are told its not right because as far as they know the answer is correct.

Nothing that can't be fixed with a bit of training for your CA staff, I mean they are CA's, they should know the game as well if they are going to be in that position.

I don't think it would hurt to put together a training manual for your staff, CA staff even if its just a volunteer position should have people that can answer questions when asked. I don't expect everyone to know everything, and I am sure the internal channels and contacts will get a CA through most of the tough questions, but it wouldn't hurt to have a good guide for them to fall back on as well in addition to the wiki.

Also keep in mind when a personal uses the CA help channel they will be identified by the server they are on.

Edited by shakys
fud
  • Like 1

Caption: "Unicorn ate my glove, had to cut it open to get it out"

There are also many helpful players who answer questions without being staff who i wouldnt like to discourage, no one person knows everything and helping is a group effort. I'm not saying its a good or bad idea was merely responding to the fact that there certainly are many differences even if most of the unique epic features were leeched out. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2017 at 1:35 PM, pepofaec said:

Could there really not be some sort of rule check??? That just sounds silly or lazy, one of the two?

Although I too would like to see larger openings and although I understand (and share) the frustration that we players feel sometimes when we can't get everything we want, as a fellow game developer I simply have to step in.

Most developers (and by this I mean all members of the development team - be it art, design, code etc) work their butts off to bring new and juicy things to players of their game. Long hours, late nights, not seeing as much of their families as they'd like to. Crappy pay. Iteration, bugs, fixing, negotiating with other devs, making compromises so that the "thing" will not only work and will not only look good, but will do so without crashing the game or causing lag to the players. Polishing, scrapping stuff, getting frustrated because you'd REALLY like to make something cool but technical reasons stop it. Starting over again, and finally... after all the sweat and tears - completing something and being damn proud of it. Then the "thing" is released to the players.

And you already know it's coming - the complaining, the backlash, the "wouldn't it be better this way" comments. But it's all worth it when you see also genuine excitement and joy in the community. But developers are only human and can't help but feel disappointed when not every single person is as thrilled as they were hoping they'd be. However, as devs, we get used to it. We know the drill. We grow thick skins. But it's never pleasant if we've done our best and it still wasn't enough.

I know I've definitely been guilty of complaining here and there. And I'm definitely guilty of suggesting improvements haha. But what I'd really like to say is: devs try their hardest to make us happy. And if they can't, there's usually a damn good reason. But lazy they are not. Wurm has only one artist? Two? Three? Not sure but it ain't many. Same goes for design and code, only a handful of people from what I know. Compare that to other MMOs where there can easily be 50 or more artists, as many if not more programmers and dozens of game designers. Sometimes I really don't understand how the wurm team does it! They run a bloody MMO for crying out loud!

I'm not saying we shouldn't speak our minds, or give criticism, or complain. Everything we say is valuable for the dev team to hear, I'm quite sure. But let's try to do it kindly and politely. And remember to shower them with love and excitement when they've made something for us that we really appreciate! 

• Like 13

On 4/7/2017 at 7:14 PM, Retrograde said:

caption.png

Caption:"Fred: so let me get this straight....THIS is our trojan horse for chaos??? You really expect me to go in there and stick my arm out his head to replace the missing horn??  Tom: Actually you have to get in there naked.. I won't look, I promise! "

On 4/7/2017 at 1:14 PM, Retrograde said:

caption.png

The seeds didn't work. Did you bring any cotton?

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:14 PM, Retrograde said:

caption.png

<---- (peasant) ---   You foolish Fool ! you have slain the unicorn your pheasant brain has done ruined the lands for leagues around the majestic unicorn.

----(knight) --->    I a knight of the Realm, should show you mercy and take your head but I shall not. I will let your brothers and Fallen know why their crops have failed and shall for 7 more years !

Hope we see marble benches and whatnot in the future.

"No story that ends well starts off with: 'I was standing behind the horse with my sleeve rolled up....'."

17 hours ago, Malena said:

Wurm has only one artist? Two? Three? Not sure but it ain't many. Same goes for design and code, only a handful of people from what I know.

Maybe they should take some of the money some of us have been paying into this game for years and actually hire more people then.

On 4/7/2017 at 6:14 PM, Retrograde said:

So with the new houses coming next week I'm sure you're all itching to get your hands on them and build them all, but what will you use?
It just so happens that I have a very shiny trowel that needs a new home, and I'm giving you all the chance to win it!

trowel.png

To win this beauty, we'll be having a contest for this weeks community content, it's caption time!

Simply provide a caption to this image, and whoever wins will be the brand new owner of this supreme steel trowel, with a 100(!) BotD cast.

caption.png

We'll also be running this on Facebook, so get on there and submit your captions too!

That's it for this week, I hope you're all busy preparing for the deed remodeling! Until then though, keep on Wurming!

'There is an explanation for this, you know..' 

On 4/7/2017 at 6:14 PM, Retrograde said:

trowel.png

caption.png

(Phil) 'This is the worst thing i have ever seen, man.'

(Jim) 'What you say? You got any biscuits over there?'

(Phil) 'Here's some cornbread.'

(Jim) 'Cornbread. Yeah.'

On 07.04.2017 at 8:14 PM, Retrograde said:

trowel.png

caption.png

"No more troll cavalry!"

(In reference to):

On 09.04.2017 at 11:58 AM, faty said:

beware of mounted trolls

kNbcDbs.jpg

That unicorn must have been on a United flight...

• Like 1

"...I TOLD you greenish unicorns don't have apple-flavoured centres!"

Edited by Wonka
  • Like 1

"Alert the village. There are facehuggers in the area."

"My mom's gonna kill me."

Edited by Hammer

"I say we take off, nuke the place from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

"Give us a problem and we'll beat you so bad you'll be using your own face as a flotation device."