Sign in to follow this  

header.png

Hear ye hear ye! and welcome to the latest edition of the Valrei International, filling you in on what's been going on and what's in store for all Wurmians!

Make a date!

With final testing on siege weapons underway and the new housing in the works we're able to set the date for the next update! Pending any issues with the implementation of the graphics we have scheduled the next update for the 13th of April, so make sure you're all stocked up and ready to roll!

slate.png

Spot something?

Community Assistant admin changes

We've had a few delays in pushing this out, but we're making a few changes to CA administration and CA help. Lead Chat Moderator Shrimpiie will be taking over the admin duties of the CA team, bringing them back into the fold of the LCM team and he will be handling the application processes from now.

We'll also be looking at taking steps towards merging CA help across all freedom servers in order to ensure that we have the absolute best coverage as we can. This means that if a CA is on anywhere they'll be able to answer questions and provide support, and also means we can track the helpful players and drag recruit them into the CA team!

The transition has been a tad delayed so I'd like to apologise to those who are waiting to hear back on their CA applications, and we'll work on having them all processed as soon as possible.

Sign of the times

Next update will also include text on signs in WO! they've been in WU for some time, so we're glad to see them come to WO as well

sign.png

New tiles!
Well, last week teased the new tiles, but showed no graphics, so I'm pleased to share the new graphics here!

tiles.png
Those of you with a keen eye will notice that the sandstone slab floor is the old stone slab floor, the new stone slab floor for houses will have the same grey stone texture as the tile slabs, and sandstone slab floors in houses will have the current stone slab textures.

Based on feedback concerns about sandstone availability, I can confirm that sandstone will now be a vein type, and can be created with a transmutation rod!

Siege weapon testing

Seige weapon testing continues over the weekend with release planned for next week, so make sure to continue testing and giving feedback, there's plenty of supplies to do so on the PvP server and PvE server, if you need anything else, just post on the thread or jump in IRC!

Valrei spawn tweaks
Next update will tweak how valrei creatures spawn, instead of spawning 10 in one area, they will be spawned in a wider area across the server, avoiding the congestion of many in one place becoming too hard to overcome. This will hopefully improve the valrei creatures being somewhat annoying on epic as we work on addressing them individually in a future update

Community Content Contest

So with the new houses coming next week I'm sure you're all itching to get your hands on them and build them all, but what will you use?
It just so happens that I have a very shiny trowel that needs a new home, and I'm giving you all the chance to win it!

trowel.png

To win this beauty, we'll be having a contest for this weeks community content, it's caption time!

Simply provide a caption to this image, and whoever wins will be the brand new owner of this supreme steel trowel, with a 100(!) BotD cast.

caption.png

We'll also be running this on Facebook, so get on there and submit your captions too!

That's it for this week, I hope you're all busy preparing for the deed remodeling! Until then though, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 21

8 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

New tiles!
Well, last week teased the new tiles, but showed no graphics, so I'm pleased to share the new graphics here!

tiles.png
Those of you with a keen eye will notice that the sandstone slab floor is the old stone slab floor, the new stone slab floor for houses will have the same grey stone texture as the tile slabs, and sandstone slab floors in houses will have the current stone slab textures.

Based on feedback concerns about sandstone availability, I can confirm that candstone will now be a vein type, and can be created with a transmutation rod!

So ... we will have to redo all stone slab floors in our houses?

Also, what is candstone? a new candy type we can mine? :D

And in regard to this, although unrelated:

Valrei spawn tweaks
Next update will tweak how valrei creatures spawn, instead of spawning 10 in one area, they will be spawned in a wider area across the server, avoiding the congestion of many in one place becoming too hard to overcome. This will hopefully improve the valrei creatures being somewhat annoying on epic as we work on addressing them individually in a future update

About a year and a half ago, there was a huge issue with bison spawning uncontrollably, while some other creatures were entirely missing. It was somehow fixed .. meaning bison do not spawn at all anymore, their place being taken by seals, cows and bulls, in insane amounts.

Despite them being cute, non-aggro and all that, we need bison .. is there any possibility to fix this again so all type of creatures to be available?

• Like 1

Well it looks from the screenshot of the slate that there will not be any tall walls to match the new houses either along with parapets. :( 

Thanks for the update to the sandstone tiles and lets hope they find a way to add in tall sandstone walls and parapets soon.  

Edited by Kegan

Caption:  "That's what you get for eating my gauntlet!"

or

Caption:  "Oh well, this was not the unicorn that ate my gauntlet!"

Edited by Eyesgood

I figured he took it off and slapped the unicorn with it to start the duel.

Caption: "And I thought they smelled bad on the outside..."

• Like 5

Awen's submission for caption (she doesn't have a forum account) "WHERE'S THE DAMN GLITTER!"

Edited by koroth
  • Like 2

"It didn't reveal where it put my gauntlet before it died....get a Libila priest we're doing this again"

• Like 4

Caption: How to Make Stuffed Animals from Gauntlets

5 minutes ago, Ascorbic said:

I just noticed the image says "Salte Slab".  

worst caption ever

Fixed! That'll show me for proofreading at 3am

• Like 1

"It would have been born in 9 days had I not lost my gauntlet during the examine."  :unsure:

• Like 2

"Note to self: don't feed unicorns with gauntlets."

"Really should of worn the plate gauntlet, the chain ones always get caught"

Edited by Lordterrabyte
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

slate.png

could you be the most beautiful thing in the world? 

now just loose the pillar thingy in the middle please :P 

and and and... a wall type that will make double story seamless arches.....

and please let there be a rope fence gate. pretty please. with sugar on top. 

(i know - i just want want want.... -_- )

• Like 7

Will we be able to one time switch things? The current pottery brick floors fit my buildings, the new ones are completly different and dont fit my buildings. These changes would throw my deed building progress two months backwards.

I am only talking about stuff that got changed (some floors), not stuff that is added (like extra wall textures). When you added plain walls you also gave us the option to change them with pliers, a similar compensation would be nice.

• Like 1

Caption: "Long story short, equipped my gauntlet on his horn"

• Like 1

Caption "I know he was your friend but it is freezing out and we have to eat"  

"wogic"     

PS. Keep your  GM spawned trowel and other items that have slowely made the game less "sandbox", I don't even play

Edited by TradingAlt

46 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Community Content Contest

So with the new houses coming next week I'm sure you're all itching to get your hands on them and build them all, but what will you use?
It just so happens that I have a very shiny trowel that needs a new home, and I'm giving you all the chance to win it!

trowel.png

To win this beauty, we'll be having a contest for this weeks community content, it's caption time!

Simply provide a caption to this image, and whoever wins will be the brand new owner of this supreme steel trowel, with a 100(!) BotD cast.

caption.png

"Talk about beating a dead horse!"

• Like 1