Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

severe lagging

here is my log

https://pastebin.com/6gTYg0DG

the past few days I've been getting severe lag, on my own home computer i'm not sure how or why this has started, i'm using mods, just the generic stuff that is released, and i'm playing on Avalon map.

can anyone take a look at this please and help me, i'm not keen to have to dump all my work. thanks

Your tile poll timers are high,

Do you leave alot of stuff scattered around on the floor (dirt, logs, rock, etc.) Do you have alot of containers filled with containers filled with stuff?

This wil, cause high poll timers.

Edited by bigsteve
spelling fix

Very close to the memory limit, and likely GC trashing, try allocating more to the server process (increase the value in -Xmx parameter)

[09:34:37 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: current mem in use: 2022M free mem: 335M Max mem: 2022M

I dont understand that stuff, ive got 8gb of ram and 4gb video. I dont have an issue wirh other games just this one

3 hours ago, bigsteve said:

Your tile poll timers are high,

Do you leave alot of stuff scattered around on the floor (dirt, logs, rock, etc.) Do you have alot of containers filled with containers filled with stuff?

This wil, cause high poll timers.

It happens on brand new maps as well, not just a pre existing map. 

5 minutes ago, ozmods said:

I dont understand that stuff, ive got 8gb of ram and 4gb video. I dont have an issue wirh other games just this one

Your java is limited to only 2gb at the moment. Go into modlauncher.bat and change "-Xmx2048m" to "-Xmx3072m"

I've done as you suggested, it's still lagging, but if I do the same thing on my laptop (I've plugged my 32in tv into my laptop via a hdmi) and it doesn't throw that lag at me, so i'm wondering if maybe my computer hard drive is about shot?

just an update on this, I've installed WU on an external hard drive I have sitting here and it is indeed the hard drive, it's on it's way out. so this explains why in the past couple of days the lag started,

just to update this, it's now working better, and the game is running fine. I get a 1 sec lag at the start, and then doesn't seem to happen after that. just finished a 3 hour session, no lag apart from the 1 sec.

so it seems have solved itself.

Sorry to hear about your drive, but glad it's working without losing everything!

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Sorry to hear about your drive, but glad it's working without losing everything!

Cheers, no sooner did i post this, than it started lagging again, think its time to consider pulling the drive out and replacing see if that fixes it, because its started doing it with my driving games now too.