Sign in to follow this  
chiseledbuttocks

Missing Horse

Hi there! My horse, who is so lovely, has gone missing. His name is Baxtergolden and some would describe him as venerable and fat with brown hair. Unfortunately, I was a noob when he was gifted to me and did not brand him. I logged off of wurm for a long time and came to see my house was built over by someone else. Over that time my horse became untamed and there is a chance he was simply released. The horse was last seen near Plot 38 on the Amish Estates. He was wearing a saddle and enchanted horseshoes that made him move more quickly. There is a sleep powder award for anyone who returns him. 

Amish Estates Map: http://prnt.sc/es3t9u

Amish Estates Location: x0PPj7J.jpg

if he was venerable, and you were gone for quite some time, long enough for your house to have built over by someone else,  then he may have died from old age. Venerable horses are in their last age stage before dying.  

if you Cared for him however, he still be alive, type /caringfor into chat and see what names if any come up in the Event tab.

Also if you are a villager at Amish estates, and he was cared, you might try using the Manage Animals function to see whether he appears on the list of animals . I am not sure how that works for villagers but give it a try --  Hit C for Character, right click the Body icon in lower left, select Manage Animals and see whether you get a list,

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Well... If the horse really is that old... I might as well let him be free.  I did see the horse's name from the /caringfor command.  He was not venerable before, it showed that detail in the managing animals option. Thank you for the help, I will probably be getting a new horse instead.

Edited by chiseledbuttocks

Ah ok, I thought he was venerable when you last saw him. If he turned venerable in the last few weeks, he might have maybe a month left except the fact that he shows up on the /caringfor list, which means he is alive and he is virtually immortal (at least to death by to age, still can die by injury or disease). cared For horses fdo not die of old age so "venerable" is less an issue.

He is still worth looking for, probably more for his gear than for the horse itself (5 speed young Adult horses go for pretty cheap these days, you can probably get 2 or 3 of them for a sleep powder). Basically, his 'value" is entirely  in sentimental value plus his gear. The horse itself is worthless from a market value point if view as younger five speeds are about the only thing sellable any more. 

But sentimental value -- that's actually the most important kind of value.

And it sounds like you miss him, so keep looking. If he is showing on those lists then he is still alive.

If Baxtergolden was wearing a saddle, it should not just wander off. Have you tried to check Amish Estates' animal pens? When you are gone for a long time without giving any notice, your plot will be automatically cleaned for the next villager. Your horse may be moved one of the pens then.

Just now, Kadmint said:

If Baxtergolden was wearing a saddle, it should not just wander off. Have you tried to check Amish Estates' animal pens? When you are gone for a long time without giving any notice, your plot will be automatically cleaned for the next villager. Your horse may be moved one of the pens then.

I did take a look at all the pens, some more than once. It is possible I still could have missed him and being more persistent couldn't hurt. I was under the impression that maybe the last owner of that plot just took the horses saddle off and let him walk away, but that idea does not make much sense.

I'm currently wandering around and building south of Amish Estates. I'll keep an eye for you just in case.

I may have seen a horse that fits your description...

If you send me 10 silver of unmarked coins I may be able to help you...

Or you can go down to the Glasshollow market and purchase brand new 5 speed horses for 30 copper! Happiness guaranteed!

Edited by Helmshroom

I see what you did there...

Btw, what's the value of those enchanted horseshoes?

Lol Helm.  

As for the horseshoes, I have no idea. All I know is that they made my horse faster. My friend crafted and enchanted them. I think immediately losing the horse will be an avoided topic if he ever plays wurm again. Only rode the the horse on three occasions. The sentimental value came from him paying for the horse and going through the work of getting the gear. 

Edit: They had wind of ages on them. 

Lets imagine (and probably did) that a new player on Xanadu might of found your horse and since there was no owner around nor deed and they had no stallion of their own they brought Baxtorgolden to their homestead. Living life alone out in the wild Baxtorgolden was growing lonely and this new owner brought enjoyment back into good ol Baxtorgolden's life. He was the only Stallion this new player on xanadu had and he had 20 gorgeous mares on his stead. Good ol Baxtorgolden heart jumped and he thought to himself that he must of died and went to stallion heaven. Within a wurm year, Baxtorgolden was the father of 40 new ponies. He was content and happy of his new life for he was a vulnerable Stallion at this point. He probably would not live more than a few more wurm months but glad he was found and re purposed back into horse society.

The end.

You should be happy of Baxtorgolden new life someplace out in the huge island of Xanadu, enjoying the pleasures of a what a breeding stallion has to offer. I want to believe that you too can see his new found happiness outweighs any sort of coin value. At least he didn't end up in a glue factory or was born on my home island of Chaos, where most male horses are disposable and usually end up on the bladed end of a huge axe.

Edited by Helmshroom
  • Like 1

Gosh golly gee wilikers helm, that's an oddly specific description of what may have happened. Well on the off chance that this event occurred, I would be more than happy to allow this player to keep Baxtergolden. In hindsight, I neglected this horse like my neopet. Already bought a new one anyhow.

• Like 2

On 4/9/2017 at 1:05 PM, chiseledbuttocks said:

Gosh golly gee wilikers helm, that's an oddly specific description of what may have happened. 

i thought so too :D

kind of like that book, "If I Did It"

• Like 1

I had fun writing the story, true or not. I live on chaos, but I just thought it was crazy to look for a horse on Xana. It would be equivalent to finding a needle in a haystack. :D

On 4/11/2017 at 7:22 PM, Helmshroom said:

I had fun writing the story, true or not. I live on chaos, but I just thought it was crazy to look for a horse on Xana. It would be equivalent to finding a needle in a haystack. :D

Or worse, finding a specific needle in a stack of needles.