Sign in to follow this  
zeeph

Is it allowed to set up a deed at another persons offdeed spot?

Hi,

I wonder if its allowed to set up a deed at a spot, where someone else has already build something offdeed, or has parked a ship.

I didnt planned to set up a deed on my own, but i need to know if ppl can overtake my stuff with just deeding there.

People are not able to deed over your house if its in the wild, but they can however deed near your house and thus the perimiter can extend over your house. In this case you cannot deed over it yourself.

Regarding ship, i wouldnt be too concerned if youre the owner and have your permissions on it straight.

thx so far, now i know the mechanic, but is it allowed?

I dont think it should be allowed that way, because it can used as a exploit to get other ppls belongings.

As per the rules deed it or loose it - so if you just fence stuff around in the wild it is not against the rules to deed over it by others.

Usually people don't deed over already built houses without asking first, as far as i've seen at least... but there are the usual 'rotten apples' around, like everywhere else..

It's the 'deed it or lose it' wurm rule. There is no protection for your house if somebody else wants the land, but it will take them a lot of wait time for it to decay before they can take the spot, and you will be able to access everything inside the house since it has your permissions. If you are crazy enough you can keep repairing it so it never decays :)).

Edit:

Anything that is on the ground (bsb's, animals, etc) won't be accessible to you anymore.

Everything else that you are owning like carts, ships, will remain yours.

Edited by faty

A good trick is building 1x1s in the 4 corners around the area you don't want anyone to deed. If a building is present they can't deed over it. Sure if someone throws a perimeter over it, you will be forced to either give it up or keep repairing it, thus causing you to have to deal with the increased decay. 

That being said, there is a ton of free space in the game. Unless you are in a very desirable location (an island, coast, very nice location with great resources) it is very unlikely anyone will try to deed over you. I know people who have lived off deed for years without issues.

if there are people close by talk to them no need to start bad blood with your new neighbors. alot of people start off with no deed. talk to people around you and even in normal freedom that is your sever.gl freedom is all freedom severs

On 5.4.2017 at 11:12 AM, faty said:

If you are crazy enough you can keep repairing it so it never decays :)).

You cannot repair your house if it is inside a perimeter, so if someone places a deed close enough to your house it will eventually decay. Placing a perimeter over someone's structure is rude and generally frowned upon, but not forbidden by game rules. (Happened to me on Celebration once, forcing me to move out.) 

With all the effects of someone deeding near your place... 

• Everything except for houses can be deeded over. That includes fencing. Locked gates will become unlocked, giving the deed owner access to all of your things.
  • You can not repair your house anymore.
  • Anything on the other person's deed won't be accessible to you anymore unless it's specifically yours (things like carts, etc.)
  • The end result might lead you to stop enjoying the game altogether due to all the frustration.

Now, people are usually kind enough not to deed over other peoples' stuff but there are always exceptions.

My recommendation: Drop at least a minimum sized deed around your area. It'll cost 4.50 Silvers (a little less) to create, and you have 1 Silver upkeep costs each month (which can be easily foraged for if you don't trade). That way you and all your possessions are safe, and nobody will be able to deed over your property.

• Like 1

thx for the detailed Information!

We now deeded that spot, so that we dont have to worry about it.