Sign in to follow this  
Hailene

Beverage skill grinding?

So how does one go about this? I'm aiming for as high as reasonably possible (90 is a good spot for most skills for me, but if it's like metallurgy 70 is probably fine?)

I got a CoC fruitpress and I have high level farming. I've stockpiled a good amount of strawberries.

Do I just make strawberry juice until juice comes out of my eyes?

Has someone figured out the different difficulties for different juices, wines, and other beverages? WU dataminers, perhaps?

I did one chopped herb with .5kgs of water in a pottery bowl in a oven, you can fit 47 bowls in the oven.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Egard said:

I did one chopped herb with .5kgs of water in a pottery bowl in a oven, you can fit 47 bowls in the oven.

I've avoided grinding HFC mostly because of the excessive amounts of drag and dropping.

Also needing to mass-produce herbs seems a bit troublesome? Though I haven't done any thing with those pottery planters. Does it make it that much easier to stockpile a few thousand herbs?

• Like 1

I have to pottery planter racks with 25 planters in each with herbs planted. That's produces me 50 herbs every day. It  took me roughly like 6 ovens full bowls to get 1 to 30 beverage skill. I did try to with 1ql coc fruit press smashing lemons but the gains were much lower. Also note that I do have PoK bonus and SB for the gains above. All in all mass producing herbs is easy just need a few racks and planters to go with it. 

3 hours ago, Egard said:

I did try to with 1ql coc fruit press smashing lemons but the gains were much lower. Also note that I do have PoK bonus and SB for the gains above.

My best guess is that the fruit press was too low QL to get you optimal gains.

How are the gains at the higher end?

Thanks Egard.  I have wanted to bring beverages up for a while.  I have two pottery planters and a few k herbs will give the Egard method a try.  Making bowls tonight.

Edited by rapidron
brain fart

How much, if any work is required looking after pottery planters? Do you have to tend/water them or is it simply plant and pick?

1 hour ago, Artisan said:

How much, if any work is required looking after pottery planters? Do you have to tend/water them or is it simply plant and pick?

plant and pick, replant after every winter iirc

I had two pottery planters already and a good supply of herbs.  Tried it last night works great.

I got to 25 making wine before I gave up on this skill.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, armyskin said:

I got to 25 making wine before I gave up on this skill.

I used strawberries, way easier to get tons of them and make juice

• Like 2

I want to have things as low maintenance as possible aswell, because I have different toons that also require my button pressing powers. That's why I go with the jucing approach, but also climb and nearly drain my stamina with some "intense" action (Making cloth strings gets you there comfortably in the confines of your home). Juicing itself doesn't use much stamina but the timer and skill ticks increase proportionally to stamina drained, as with many skills. Not the most efficient approach in terms of skill per time by far but one click of a button gives you a good minute to tend to other things, depending on how many actions you can queue.

Edited by Flubb

The beverage grind is very intense and requires intense thought, I have been making barrels of cotton seed oil, which is wonderful as I now have a steady source of fuel for my lantern!

Really Jake? are you saying there is a light at the end of this tunnel? I think I hate you.

If only there was an easier way to drag and drop into multiple containers, especially liquids.

• Like 3

Well. After 30 skill you dont get any skill in making herb tea. Wish i knew befor i filled 7 ovens of bowls to only get a single 0.02 tick

Im interested on what to make next for better skillgain.something easy to make

raise difficulty or jump the fruitpress cottonseeds/strawberries to squish, both will work, press just takes more sleep bonus and is a lot less dragging work to do

what I hate about tea is .. takes 3x more dragging.. water to temp container, than to bowl.. to get right amount.. it's an overkill .. but I cant imagine else working on this for few hours with sleep bonus.. either way.. you'll get the same skill eventually

On 6/25/2020 at 11:30 PM, Zarame said:

Well. After 30 skill you dont get any skill in making herb tea. Wish i knew befor i filled 7 ovens of bowls to only get a single 0.02 tick

I just tested that. Prepared 28 herb teas (450g water + 1 chopped basil). Lore told me diff 16 basil tea, my bev skill 51.71 . With SB I got +0.10917 beverages and 0.027050 cooking skill. So it looks you got something wrong or caught a bug.

Anyway I would be curious how to raise difficulty on herb teas. Did not find any way to do so. Teas seem not to work in any different cooker than oven, or?

Tried pressing cotton seeds as well with some 228 low ql cotton surplus found on an abandoned deed. Using a ql70.25 rare but unenchanted fruit press I got +0.15283 beverages skill with SB, but took me 19.51 minutes to do so vs. 3.26 minutes for cooking tea. And mind that the tea session was minimalistic just for test. With due preparation a tenfold or more number of teas could have been done at the same time. I have 5 ovens with 37 bowls each.

Edited by Ekcin
typo

Spearmint tea is harder difficulty

Tea can also have additional ingrediants like syrup, sugar, fruit juice or milk to raise the difficulty

23 minutes ago, Madnath said:

Spearmint tea is harder difficulty

Tea can also have additional ingrediants like syrup, sugar, fruit juice or milk to raise the difficulty

thanks

On 6/25/2020 at 11:30 PM, Zarame said:

I used tea to get to 70 so not sure what your experience is with. Maybe 30 to low a skill because to difficult?

When doing mass cooking, make sure the right person gets credit by taking the bowls out of the oven and returning them. If wurm gets confused on owner, nobody gets skill.