Sign in to follow this  
RavenLure

Gone Missing

Ok Not sure if this is because of lag or not .. But I have had a Butcher knife gone from inventory today.. I did not use it.. but when I went for it it was not there and it was there before and just now with a shovel.. I have re logged.. checked every nook and cranny for them.. in my inventory in my storage in my wagon and forges.. but nothing.. gone.... I had to remake my butcher knife..now I will have to re make my shovel.....This is getting frustrating.:unsure:

Is there an explanation or something I can do about this..??

ah yeah it happens sometimes. Best bet is to try and find the coding in the wurm directory in program that list the item numbers that you have in your inventory. Not sure where it is but think there was a post with directions for finding them.

10 hours ago, RavenLure said:

Is there an explanation or something I can do about this..??

Best check your event logs whether it got destroyed (crumbled to dust) because of damage (items will poof at 100% damage), whether you accidentally dropped it (you drop a xxx) or whether you threw it at a mob (never ever use the ranged icon on manual fighting window!). These 3 reasons account for about 99.9% of all missing items. :)

Items going missing through bugs is almost always related to trading, horse gear or server crossing. 

• Like 2

LOL thank you at least I know I am not going crazy!:D  I will check everything out.. I think it may have poofed due to lack of maintance lately...I been abusing it.. so I cannot blame it going poof. if that is what happened.. but if you do see a troll with a shovel sticking out of its head it may be mine! LOL jk

• Like 1

Another way something can become 'missing' is by accidentally dropping it into a satchel in your inventory or in a container and not realizing it.  Drag and drop is not always responsive enough.

• Like 1