1 hour ago, sandokhan said:

What about having the parapets upgraded in the same type as the new walls?

They said they did not have enough room for the textures I guess. That seems odd to me I think parapets would have been the first thing that was added since it is a part of the house wall set.. imo

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Will collapsing a mined out sandstone tile produce sandstone or rock?

50 hits per vein is going to be a severe limitation unless a very high fraction of tiles are seeded with sandstone.

I think if sandstone will have tile broken in same amount as a rock tile, maybe there will need to be more of them as they will get purged quite fast, or what will happen is certain players may fence off and hoard the resource just as they used to peat tiles on JK home. 

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

sneak.png

April Fools.

New pavement
Along with the new walls, is new pavement! Adding to the potential pavement list is Slate slabs (existing slate slabs will be changed to slate brick tiles), sandstone brick and slab tiles, marble brick tiles, and pottery brick tiles. This means a lot more new options for decorating your deed, and making your place truly unique!

How I am reading this, makes me happy, though I could have it wrong. Having just put down almost 1000 slate slabs that were an incredible amount of work, I do hope that they keep the amount of materials they required before to create.  

The new slate slab that is made as other slabs, with shards, I am really hoping will be a plainer dark texture that can be stretched as the stone ones are, for big dirt walls etc. 

I've always wanted dark walls, but the current slate slab does not stretch well at all, they do look great for roads though. 

• Like 1

Grats Samool and thanks for picking up all the burden!

Nice new graphics, I see bashing down a couple of buildings for renovations.....

Dredging flatten and level sounds real good, I'll finally be able to fix a couple of inherited bumpy seabottom.

May we please get the stone wall fence adjusted tp be the same height as the bridge railing? :)

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

marble brick tiles

@Rocklobstar - they were thinking of you! (Also, excited to see how your marble deed will look with this!)

Grats Samool! 

And OMG ty ty for a fix for dredging! 

And OMG woo hoo new pavements!

And OMG woo hoo for the Cave Dwellings!

And OMG woo hoo for the Hedge removals!

And...wait I think I'm out of OMG woo hoo's for the day...  :wub:

• Like 3

Gratz, Samoo! That's a big promotion. I have a feeling you'll do well.

And more pavement types? Are you guys seriously going to make Kristof remodel our deed for the fourth time? You just don't like me and my cookies. I swear!

PS

Really kinda excited to see the fences and pavement types though.

• Like 1

You should probably make sandstone like marble? Why make it impossible to obtain?

• Like 2

Congratulations Samool!!

I think we do need a bit of clarification on the caption if that applies only to the image featured?

Edited by Seriphina
additional question

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Cave dwelling changes
Of course, some have asked about how the additional houses will have any effect on underground housing, and the answer is, yes!
With this update all housing options will be available for underground dwellings, meaning you can build your underground village just how you want it!

I hope you guys fixed the clipping errors when you make skinny walls (wood for example) next to cave walls. The jetty and oriel also have funny clipping errors. I didn't mind then on my WU server where I modded something like this change but some folks will make fun of it.

sandstone needs to be an ore. no one will make anything out of sandstone if its a random 50 hits so maybe we get 100 sandstone or 200 on our deed?.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kegan said:

They said they did not have enough room for the textures I guess. That seems odd to me I think parapets would have been the first thing that was added since it is a part of the house wall set.. imo

They have one free slot for new fence type, they can get rid of 'stone and iron parapet' which is identical to the regular 'iron fence' and use that slot for something new.

7 hours ago, Kegan said:

enough room for the textures where?  Confused as to what the limiting factor is.

Grats to Samool

2 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

enough room for the textures where?  Confused as to what the limiting factor is.

Grats to Samool

I have no idea but go read last weeks news on the last page and you will see the conversation. 

• Like 1

trying to figure out how much of this is april fools

• Like 3

Thank you for update ! Congrats Samool ! :)

I have question regarding new walls . What type of windows/walls/doors designs new walls can have? As I understand it is affecting only regular stone house design and just will give us more option of texture variety. How about to give such variety of textures to all house types or maybe to created more house walls/windows/door designs for stone house with new textures ?

Congrats to Samool on the new position!

I'm excited to see the new sandstone items. The small village I live in is known for its quality sandstone. Many historic buildings in town are made from it and it was even used in the construction of the Parliament buildings across the border in Canada! :)

Almost forgot about the dredging changes! Just what I've been waiting for to finish dredging the Port. 

Edited by Araninke

13 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Dredging changes
Also in an upcoming patch, we'll be improving dredging with some long desired changes. Dredging will now have an option to flatten or level tiles, and also dredging will deposit dirt straight into your boat! This will only work if there's space in the dredge, but these two changes will definitely make dredging a lot easier!

Hedges
Removing hedges will become a lot easier next update, with the ability to cut down a hedge with an axe! The damage dealt will be dependent on the ql and height of the hedge, but should improve removing those pesky remains from fallen deeds.

Two great improvements right there.  Time to sharpen the axe. :ph34r:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xalorum said:

trying to figure out how much of this is april fools

Spoiler

There is gnome place to hide this year's april fool

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Hedges
Removing hedges will become a lot easier next update, with the ability to cut down a hedge with an axe! The damage dealt will be dependent on the ql and height of the hedge, but should

Can't wait! Time to sharpen my axe!

I do hope that with the new sandstone tile that it will be rethought.  I can see mines emptied for miles because it will be in such huge demand.  Besides the fact that the mines will need to be redone again to add another tile in.