Sign in to follow this  
Theodein

Third person view, Yes or No?

Third person view, Yes or No?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a third person view in Wurm Online?

• Yes
    • No

Feel free to discuss.

To make myself and the question a bit more clear. This suggestion is for a third person view "option" not to replace first person but to make it a setting or completely integrated within the game

Edited by Theodein
Clarify

I voted no, as i think we should have the choice of having a 3rd person view or not.

Personally, I just find it irritating.

11 minutes ago, Baloo said:

as i think we should have the choice of having a 3rd person view or not.

Well, voted yes for the exact same reason. Wurm is a sandbox, offering more choice is what matters... Will I use it, nope, will that attracts some people who love that kind of view, perhaps, will that keep some players who love to have that kind of view, most likely.

TL;DR. Widen the options, specially when players have been asking for them for YEARS.

• Like 2

Yes off course, will attract a shitload of new players with the upcoming UI changes and more accesible tutorial.

• Like 1

this was once in the game for like a day

lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Oreo said:

this was once in the game for like a day

lol

No it wasn't. It's on test, yes - it was never live.

After seeing an old PvP raid video recently, all I could think was "How the hell do you see people in this mass of horses" - 3rd person would make that a hell of a lot more legible - though that alone would likely spawn a huge debate. I also briefly had a play around with a top down view at one point which I think would work quite well for Wurm - though both 3rd person and top down views would need a fair bit of work to make them actually work well - making it so the camera doesn't clip through walls or roofs etc.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Budda said:

i can remember that it was on live before OR in WU, believe it or not....

i never played on test so it had to be there

1 hour ago, Baloo said:

I voted no, as i think we should have the choice of having a 3rd person view or not.

Personally, I just find it irritating.

You know, that "yes" option does not exlude first person view? It would be just another option, none is forced to use it.

Yes from me obviously.

41 minutes ago, Budda said:

After seeing an old PvP raid video recently, all I could think was "How the hell do you see people in this mass of horses" - 3rd person would make that a hell of a lot more legible - though that alone would likely spawn a huge debate. I also briefly had a play around with a top down view at one point which I think would work quite well for Wurm - though both 3rd person and top down views would need a fair bit of work to make them actually work well - making it so the camera doesn't clip through walls or roofs etc.

Yep your experiment accidently made it on to live for a very short time

• Like 3

Just now, SmeJack said:

Yep your experiment accidently made it on to live for a very short time

Oh. Let's pretend that wasn't me.

• Like 4

+1 I know there are 2 people I still talk to that are held back because of the lack of 3rd party view. 

I think this would really enhance the game for some while others who may not like it hopefully there is an option for both views.

• Like 1

Seeing the amount of 'No', I'm wondering the reasons of the players, because they are not interested or concerns for abuses.

I did like to see a dev answer in this thread though, gives some hopes for our favorite game future.

2 hours ago, Odynn said:

Seeing the amount of 'No', I'm wondering the reasons of the players, because they are not interested or concerns for abuses.

I did like to see a dev answer in this thread though, gives some hopes for our favorite game future.

You can already look everywhere sitting on wagon's passeneger seat.

I can hardly keep two people in view in game, much less three. I prefer individual conversations anyway, so even one in view will do for me, not three. Then you know the third man is out anyway. Three strikes too. Third/three = not a good number.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ayes said:

I can hardly keep two people in view in game, much less three. I prefer individual conversations anyway, so even one in view will do for me, not three. Then you know the third man is out anyway. Three strikes too. Third/three = not a good number.

=Ayes=

what the hell does this post mean

• Like 7

I agree that this is a fine idea. It's a fresh layer of paint to this old game and would surely bring a lot of new players to the game! :)

I think it's a great idea, especially if you could rotate the cam and pose for screenshots of yourself without an alt :P (Here comes the girly comment all about those pics)

• Like 1

it was live on live

lol

i remember walking around on old Ele outside my deed going down the landbridge

Edited by Oreo

1 hour ago, Oreo said:

it was live on live

lol

i remember walking around on old Ele outside my deed going down the landbridge

Oh, it was on live? I don't really know what to believe. I was not around there and yet I've had several people like you with over 2000 posts saying that it was on live and that it was not.

8 minutes ago, Theodein said:

Oh, it was on live? I don't really know what to believe. I was not around there and yet I've had several people like you with over 2000 posts saying that it was on live and that it was not.

it was on live, but only for a short time....think it slipped in sometime

it wasnt really a good 3rd person though, it felt weird for a reason, cant tell why tho....something was odd

For me I voted no but if it was an option Id be okay with it. Still think it should be disabled on pvp servers as part of the pvp experience is situational awareness, and top down view might give too much of an advantage.

17 hours ago, Quicktor said:

19 hours ago, Ayes said:

=Ayes=

17 hours ago, Quicktor said:

what the hell does this post mean

I read his post as a tongue-in-cheek play on words. Third Person View.  A bit of humor. :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rhianna said:

For me I voted no but if it was an option Id be okay with it. Still think it should be disabled on pvp servers as part of the pvp experience is situational awareness, and top down view might give too much of an advantage.

This was always intended as optional.