Sign in to follow this  
Galatyn

Do NOT join a BL kingdom on Chaos if you are a Vyn, Fo, or Mag priest on Freedom

17 hours ago, As_I_Decay said:

That was the focal point of the argument when this thread last popped up, like 2-3 years ago. 

What I find funny is that Maurizio (and the rest of those posting here that can't/couldn't grasp the mechanics) were around the last time this Libila-to-Freedom crap was a popular topic on the forums. And at that point in time, the mechanics were made crystal clear in that thread and devs said everything was intentional.

In Maurizio's case, he probably was just as active in the forums then as he is now... and he was playing at that time on Chaos, so should've known the mechanics this whole time.  But apparently, he didn't.

Basically, this thread is a waste of time and space (and here I am, posting). It's a bunch of people, who never quite grasped the mechanics, whining about how nerfed BL is when, really, this is a major advantage (and probably the only) for BL players. 

You have no idea whatsoever about how broken BL template has been for the past many years. And no, no one including the wurm team knew how the mechanics were supposed to work hence the reason why i had gotten my accounts as well as many other players accounts fixed after crossing boarders whenever they would break. 

The last time this came up a more definitive answer was finally given but the key to the answer was that dual faiths exists ONLY for libila crossing over to freedom and you as a player had to make a choice to be a FOLLOWER ONLY on 1 server. Which meant yes there was an advantage being able to cross to chaos in that situation. Now however there is an added part which no one knew because it's not everyday you are wanting to remove a toon from a kingdom.. Upon the OP removing a toon from the kingdom to freedom specifically that is when this came up. 

Had it been said long time ago no one would be clueless right now. You have enough posts under your belt so you should not be a stranger of how little the wurm team often times does know. 

The unfair part is not the lack of knowledge. Its pretty simple but I will elaborate for all to understand. For 1 the last time this came up and they clarified that players need to make a choice of being only 1 priest and not 2 (as you were able to be a priest in freedom and lib on chaos for 4 years) people made their choice but again at the time no one was told if you leave Libila you would also affect your freedom faith. 

With that said now that there is new wording the issue remains that as a player being a WL only priest means if they are recruited to chaos They have a choice to make... Join a BL template kingdom as a Lib follower only with the added downside you can never leave the BL template as long as you want to keep your faith level in freedom, or join a WL template kingdom and carry over your faith and deity and never have any issues. 

Oh well though. These days more people play as grey light priests so.

• Like 1

I think a misunderstanding about the original intention of the post is developing.  I just wanted to warn Freedom Vyn, Mag, or Fo priests that once they go BL they can never go back.  It's not about while having dual faith, it's about the repercussion of leaving BL.  Convert from BL and lose Freedom PVE priesthood.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2017 at 3:18 AM, Retrograde said:

From my testing its gone BL pmk > hots

Are you sure this is a current issue?

Both of the recent Bl kingdoms I had the same issue happen (any account that was not moved to HoTS was moved to Freedom Isles on log in).