Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

How input of rare mats into unfinished item works?

Hello

Got unfinished wagon. Put rare small wheel axle into it and luckily wagon became rare (still unfinished).

Thing is, I still have some rare parts for it (planks, shafts, nails). If I try to put more rare parts in it, is there a chance that it could became supreme? Or this is only possible if I continue with supreme parts?

Couse do not know if I should try to make another one rare.

From what i know, if it's already rare, using rare mats or normal mats in trying to get a supreme has the same chances, since at this point you are not relying on the rarity transfer chance (1%?), but on the rarity window.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, faty said:

From what i know, if it's already rare, using rare mats or normal mats in trying to get a supreme has the same chances, since at this point you are not relying on the rarity transfer chance (1%?), but on the rarity window.

Though so, thanks for confirmation.

On 3/28/2017 at 4:54 PM, faty said:

Yep. Attaching a rare part would only give a chance to make it rare, not supreme.

It's not a 1% chance, though. When you attach a rare+ part (or get a rare+ moment of inspiration), the chance to transfer rarity to the item is 1 in <number of total parts the item requires>. So if a forge requires 22 parts, a supreme brick has a 1 in 22 chance of making it supreme.

Due to a semi-recent bugfix, this is also how it works when starting an unfinished item, not just when attaching.

• Like 2