Sign in to follow this  
Evarya

Name and Shame

1 hour ago, Orlaz said:

Perhaps a "share" password? that makes you be able to log in and do everything except ofc change password/email or access ingame bank?

theres still risk of sharing since they can still take your items and such but actually losing the account is lessened.

I don't think the goal should be to facilitate account sharing. Code Club has already said they don't condone not support account sharing. Having developers deviate resources to develop the software to incorporate account sharing would be counter productive to what they want.

That is why I didn't suggest this. However, providing better account security should be something much more reasonable and touches more issues than just account sharing. As it stands, cracking a password is not rocket science and I am sure someone with good coding skills or a simple keylogger on a kingdom forum website or the like could gain access to accounts easily. 

Account security should be the priority, not facilitating account sharing. If I share my account with someone and I help them defeat all layers of security, then there can be no doubt that I gave them ownership to the account. Incidents like this would not happen.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Egard said:

If I trust someone enough to share access with them I just share my password, many years ago a player reported to Rolf after cracking the encryption  and exposed its vulnerabilities. He just ignored it, since then many people have been able to "crack" hashes some tools to do so were shared around publicly iirc.

Unfortunately its even more simple than cracking a hash. As Egard says only share access with people you truly trust, this post is a lesson on everyone really.

• Like 1

This post went down hill quick, lol... Eva, you did avoid talking to mau and even bugged Sarahb about it. For the record she did mention it to mau on your behalf. The real moral of the story is you should not "GIVE AWAY" your account or items and expect them back because you change your mind later. This is a sad post and it should be deleted for stupidity.

On 3/26/2017 at 11:02 PM, Shagsdeval said:

Best statement I have seen so far , especially for many that had no part of any convo's

That's gold coming from you. haha  

Edited by Slickshot

At the end of the day the choice remains the same:  give the account back, or don't.  There are bound to be consequences with either choice, so be prepared to face those.  Plain and simple, really.

If the accounts are not recoverable (because the buyers refuse to return the toons) then the least that should be done is the proceeds from the sales go back to Eva in order to help her get back on her feet (buy equipment, buy SP, buy a new toon, etc...)

That's the absolute minimum that should be done.

• Like 3

I'm not a fan of fixing someone elses mistake for them, feel free to start a collection fund on gofundme or something though

Why is this thread still open

• Like 1

Everyone has had a say about what happened as well as added their own view in regards to the situation, It just brings the harsh reality of what can happen if you decide to share your accounts with others. In regards to what happened I hope the issue can get resolved peacefully between both parties, but I don't see anything else constructive being added to the thread, for that reason I'm going to lock the thread, and hopefully we will see some additional security measures being added to the game in the future.

• Like 2