Sign in to follow this  
Tallios

Repair action timer

Can we please get an adjustment to the repair/improvement timers for structural things?  No matter what your skill, tools or materials used; it's always a flat 30 seconds.

I'm not really picky as to the solution, though I would think skill and tool would be the guiding light here.

As a minor beef, I would also like

• a pole fence to require shafts for the repair/improve item, not planks.
  • a hedge fence to be improved by sprouts
  • a rope fence to be improved by ropes

just to keep a consistency going.  Thank you dev's.

+1

experienced repairman should repair much faster with the same mats

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 2

Just repaired few fences with 70+ repair woman. Only took a film and a half to do so... +1

• Like 3

+1, except hedges don't need improving or repairing, they're made at random QL and don't stop players etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bangzuvelis said:

Just repaired few fences with 70+ repair woman. Only took a film and a half to do so... +1

Yup, one of the few skills which doesn't affect timers by leveling, which I guess is an oversight of the way timer generally affects skill gain; Except you hardly get any skill from repairing walls/fences as is, its just a solid time/resources sink.

• Like 1

+1

Takes ages. And it's also a letdown for new people without deeds. Repairing takes so much time they could have spent doing more enjoyable things in the game beside repairing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zigozag said:

+1, except hedges don't need improving or repairing, they're made at random QL and don't stop players etc.

Yes, but some of us are perfectionists. :D

Assuming, but not sure, that quality of hedges makes bashing more difficult, so it is somewhat annoying that they can't be imped if this is the case.

• Like 1

Just now, cccdfern said:

Assuming, but not sure, that quality of hedges makes bashing more difficult, so it is somewhat annoying that they can't be imped if this is the case.

Also should make the attempt at pruning them down even harder with higher QL

I will say the existing reason for this is obviously repairing walls in a PvP situation, I will however raise it as a potential change for PvE servers.

• Like 4

For pvp it is already not a feature, stone walls are already fast to imp wirh akill and good tools, wooden is the one with always 30 sec. And I think all pvp walls are stone.....

25 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

This isnt imping it's repairing while under attack

This exactly pvp wise, for a pve only server change +1 all the way but retro is 100% right that this would be very very bad for pvp servers.

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 2

Yup its already pretty fast to get a wall back up under fire. Assuming materials, tools, and people.

Long timers with enemy in local and half hour after that.

Short timers/skill based when there is no enemy in local.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I will say the existing reason for this is obviously repairing walls in a PvP situation

There ya go. A fine example of one the ways the PvE aspects of the game are negatively impacted by pvp concerns. A fair number of others as well, which are refused to be acknowledged by those type players.

In the PvE gameplay repair timers should be adjusted according to skill level. Actually in repairing masonry house walls this is already the case. Oddly it is not applied elsewhere.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I would say that the PVP issue would be simply solved that if a wall was damaged while being repaired then the repair is halted, and materials would be lost in the works.  

am I missing something? repairing stone house walls are fast like 3-4 seconds, unless the timer is made longer under siege?  can't say I've been raided often or repaired

making all walls that fast seems fine to me and I don't see how it'd change anything when most walls on a pvp deed are stone house walls, but if what it takes for all walls to have fast repair is a slower repair timer with enemy in local or something that's fine too have fun

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

am I missing something? repairing stone house walls are fast like 3-4 seconds, unless the timer is made longer under siege?  can't say I've been raided often or repaired

making all walls that fast seems fine to me and I don't see how it'd change anything when most walls on a pvp deed are stone house walls, but if what it takes for all walls to have fast repair is a slower repair timer with enemy in local or something that's fine too have fun

Wood stuff does not follow that wonderful thing.

15 hours ago, MrGARY said:

am I missing something? repairing stone house walls are fast like 3-4 seconds

Yes you are missing quite a few things, that being all the other wall/fencing types that are not associated with houses. Also house roofs and floors. Bridges too I guess. All these have fixed 30 second timers per 1 repair action which will only repair 10.00 damage maximum, that is if the repair is not failed.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

yeah both of you missed that I specifically said "stone house walls" and in regards to people acting like stone houses dont already repair fast

and that I said it'd be fine to make other things just as fast if enemy aren't in local...

• Like 1

+1

Skill should reduce the time... and item worked on.. should have some reasonable time... boats or parts for them take unreasonable times, I think unfinished parts for boats had hours ... to be repaired, where it's a lot faster and easier to go and make one from scratch:unsure:

Skill and material used.. like fences and plank QL... ql of the plank should both reduce the time and maybe reduce damage done with the repair...(not to mention...maybe.. improve the ql.. in wall/fence case...(I'm aware of the existing improving mechanic))

• Like 1