Sign in to follow this  
Fenimore

Wine barrels

We have wine barrels. Small wine barrels. The thing is... they are too small. Just about pocket size, anyone can grab and carry around. Yet with bigger demand for wine and other stuff cellars looks too crammed, like this:

wurm_20170326_1807.jpg

And each season more and more barrels...

How about barrels like those big one used for oil, with capacity 500L or more?

Please?

Edited by Fenimore
spelling correction... heh.
  • Like 7

Basically yes. I ment big (huge) wine barrel that works the same way small wine barrel works. Only allowing to store more wine/beer or other liquors. I don't mind if model will be exact the same as huge oil barrels or require entire tile for single barrel IMHO.

• Like 1

I would like to be able to seal the huge oil barrel, I use these quite often for storing bulk liquids while waiting on other resources.

Last night I had to crank out another 24 wine barrels just to transfer the contents of some 30 barrels worth of maple syrup to avoid decay ticks.

The issue with large oil barrels is, they are designed for Templar use. You don't have to have one for lamps but the programming is set for templars to fill lamps with oil from the barrel.  So if you have a Templar and a liquid in the barrel, you may notice the liquid poof faster than decay would hit. Tho the idea of milk filled lamps was funny to my friends and I when we realized we can't milk and store in there. That programming line would need removed and seal would need added. Or just make a similar container. 

1 hour ago, luvable said:

The issue with large oil barrels is, they are designed for Templar use. You don't have to have one for lamps but the programming is set for templars to fill lamps with oil from the barrel.  So if you have a Templar and a liquid in the barrel, you may notice the liquid poof faster than decay would hit. Tho the idea of milk filled lamps was funny to my friends and I when we realized we can't milk and store in there. That programming line would need removed and seal would need added. Or just make a similar container. 

Do we even need templars filling lamps anymore from barrels when the lamps can just be blessed now?

Well Jake that's a good point. They fill perim lamps regardless. And people can bless now. So I really think the coding could easily be changed. And oil barrels given new purpose. 

Edited by luvable

just finished sealing up 1000kg maple sap into small barrels. sure would be nice if we had bigger barrels...

+1