Sign in to follow this  
Galatyn

Easy process to make affinity food

This only works for avatars that are not considered "bugged".  The following site provides more information on bugged avatars.

https://trewq.pl/wurm/mealcheck/

For this easy process, use chopped vegetables, chopped herbs, non-fresh spices and diced meat.  Chopping and dicing will provide a little more complexity, thereby increasing the affinity timer.
 Cook the food items in a pottery bowl and in an oven, which will make a breakfast.  I suggest not to use rarity in anything. Use only 1 meat.  Multiple vegetables, herbs, and spices can be used, but only one of each different kind.

Now on to the process.

1. Dice and place one type of meat into a pottery bowl and cook it in an oven.
  2. Taste and record the affinity
  3. Match the affinity with it's number located in the below spoiler tags.
  4. Repeat with other types of meat.
  5. Create a list of meats with and in the order of affinity number.
  For example you might have something like:
   a. insect x
   b. lamb x+1
   c. pork x+2
   etc.
  6. Repeat steps 1-4 with chopped vegetables, one at a time.
  7. Add the results to the created list.
  8. Repeat steps 1-4 with herbs, one at a time.
  9. Add the results to the created list.

10. Repeat steps 1-4 with spices, one at a time.
 11. Add the results to the created list.
 12. Now you will determine your vegetable, herb, and spice offsets.  These are constant numbers that will be added each time a vegetable, herb, and spice are added.  
 Note, that meat has no offset.
 13. Choose one diced meat breakfast and one chopped vegetable breakfast from the above testing.
 14. Add the single affinity numbers from each breakfast together.  This is the guess.
 15. Cook the combined chosen diced meat and chopped vegetable in a pottery bowl.
 16. Taste and record the affinity and it's number.  This number is the actual.
 17. Subtract the guess from the actual.  This value is the vegetable offset and will be added each time a vegetable is added.
 18. Repeat steps 11 - 15 for herbs and spices.  This will be the offset and most likely will be different from other offsets. 
 19. Now on to make the target affinity breakfast.
 20. Inputing and manipulating the numbers in Google Sheets or Excel will make the process much easier.  You will need to be able to select different vegetables, herbs, spices and/or meat
 in order to adjust the running total to be the desired target number for the affinity you want.  
 21. The number may grow very large.  Since there are only 138 (0-137) affinities, Modular arithmetic will be used to calculate the actual affinity number.
 22.  You can read more about Modular Arithmetic at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modular_arithmetic  The gist of it is that once a number exceeds 137, it wraps back around to 0.
 23.  There are two easy ways to determine the final actual affinity number.  1. use the formula =mod(total,138) in a cell in Google Sheets or Excel, or 2. use two columns
 and in the first column input the numbers 0-137 downward, one number per cell.  At the end, start over with 0 to 137.  Repeat this as many times as you like.  In the second column, start at 0 and fill in the cells with the next
 number, but do not stop and start over.  Just keep filling in the next number as many times as feel necessary.  With this method, the total number in the second column lines up with the actual affinity number in the first column.
 24.  Choose the items for the meal so that the total (or more correctly the modular arithmetic result) matches the desired target.  
 25. The more vegetables and herbs that are chosen, the longer the affinity timer and heavier the breakfast.
 26.  Here is an example.  Suppose I dice one bear meat, cook it in a pottery bowl in a non-rare oven and the resulting affinity number is 10.  Then, I chop one 
 corn and cook it in a pottery bowl and the resulting affinity number is 15.  My guess is that if I cooked both together, then the resulting affinity would be 25,
 however the actual is 30.  The difference between the two is 5 (30-25) and is my vegetable offset.  This number most likely will be different between avatars.  I do the same
 thing with bear and ginger and determine the spice offset is 2.  I personally use a spreadsheet to make choosing the different numbers easier and determine that 
 I need diced bear meat (10), chopped corn (15), chopped potato (16) and ginger (17) in order to make a Halberd affinity breakfast, #70.  This is because
 10 + 15 + 5 + 16 + 5 + 17 + 2 = 70.   Remember, if the total exceeds 137, then step 21 will determine the actual affinity number.

I hope this process enables you to find your desired affinities.  This really just scratches the surface with what can be done.
 Have fun experimenting with changes, like using a frying pan, forge, salt, nuts, etc., things that may increase the difficulty, thereby increasing the affinity timer.

There may be some combinations that break this model.  I would just avoid those for now if cannot be adjusted.  I'm sure a better system will be released to the public over time.

Don't forget to wrap it and store in a larder to reduce decay and help extend the life.  Also, only one bite is needed, so eat and immediately press escape.  This will help it to last longer.

It may seem like a lot of work initially to create the list.  But once started, you can use it with other non-bugged alts to calculate their affinity foods.  Notice how all of the items are the same offset between avatars.  The breakfast should be that same offset, as well.

Spoiler
0 mind
1 body
2 soul
3 body control
4 body stamina
5 body strength
6 mind logic
7 mind speed
8 soul depth
9 soul strength
10 Swords
11 Axes
12 Knives
13 Mauls
14 Clubs
15 Hammers
16 Archery
17 Polearms
18 Tailoring
19 Cooking
20 Smithing
21 Weaponsmithing
22 Armour smithing
23 Misc items
24 Shields
25 Alchemy
26 Nature
27 Toys
28 Fighting
29 Healing
30 Religion
31 Thievery
32 War Machines
33 Farming
34 Papyrusmaking
35 Thatching
36 Gardening
37 Meditating
38 Forestry
39 Rake
40 Scythe
41 Sickle
42 Small axe
43 Mining
44 Digging
45 Pickaxe
46 Shovel
47 Pottery
48 Ropemaking
49 Woodcutting
50 Hatchet
51 Leatherworking
52 cloth tailoring
53 masonry
54 blades smithing
55 weapon heads smithing
56 chain armour smithing
57 plate armour smithing
58 shield smithing
59 Blacksmithing
60 dairy food maiking
61 hot food cooking
62 Baking
63 Beverages
64 Longsword
65 Large maul
66 Medium maul
67 Small maul
68 Warhammer
69 Long spear
70 Halberd
71 Staff
72 Carving knife
73 Butchering knife
74 Stone chisel
75 Huge club
76 Saw
77 Butchering
78 Carpentry
79 Firemaking
80 Tracking
81 Small wooden shield
82 Medium wooden shield
83 Large wooden shield
84 Small metal shield
85 Large metal shield
86 Medium metal shield
87 Large axe
88 Huge axe
89 Shortsword
90 Two Handed Sword
91 Hammer
92 Paving
93 Prospecting
94 Fishing
95 Locksmithing
96 Repairing
97 Coal-Making
98 Milling
99 Metallurgy
100 Natural Substances
101 Jewelry Smithing
102 Fine Carpentry
103 Bowyery
104 Fletching
105 Yoyo
106 Puppeteering
107 Toymaking
108 Weaponless fighting
109 Aggressive fighting
110 Defensive fighting
111 Normal fighting
112 First aid
113 Taunting
114 Shield bashing
115 Milking
116 Preaching
117 Prayer
118 Channeling
119 Exorcism
120 Artifacts
121 Foraging
122 Botanizing
123 Climbing
124 Stone cutting
125 Lock picking
126 Stealing
127 Traps
128 Catapults
129 Animal taming
130 Animal husbandry
131 Short bow
132 Long bow
133 Medium bow
134 Ship building
135 Ballistae
136 Trebuchets
137 turrets

Edited by Galatyn
  • Like 11

Everything works for me upto 137, after that something goes off. For example: Minced tough gives mining affinity which is 44 on the list and onion gives me bowery which is 103 on the list. My offset for veggies is 4 so this should be total of 151 aka 13th affinity which is mauls but it gives an affinity in Farming which is 33 in the list.  Not sure where i am going wrong. 

I got it to working in a way that i look which affinity i want and add stuff to get the needed number. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Galatyn said:

This only works for avatars that are not considered "bugged".

I have one toon that is "bugged". Did anyone report this, if it is a bug?

8 hours ago, Wulfgarr said:

Everything works for me upto 137, after that something goes off. For example: Minced tough gives mining affinity which is 44 on the list and onion gives me bowery which is 103 on the list. My offset for veggies is 4 so this should be total of 151 aka 13th affinity which is mauls but it gives an affinity in Farming which is 33 in the list.  Not sure where i am going wrong. 

Mod the Number to 138

8 hours ago, Wulfgarr said:

Welcome to 20 shifts. I find these happen roughly every modulo: 33 - 13 = 20

You get far into this, you're going to see the number 20. A lot.

My offset for chopped veggies, spices and herbs is -27.  Did I do something wrong?

im working on a spreed ###### that ya just plug in will meal for no Broken people and it will out put what ya get and will have target goal

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

My offset for chopped veggies, spices and herbs is -27.  Did I do something wrong?

A few things do have the same value, but for the most part are different.  Try a different vegetable.  If still unsure, post you affinities for a diced meat in pottery bowl (breakfast) and the same diced meat and a chopped vegetable in a pottery bowl (breakfast), along with the type of meat and vegetable. 

Edited by Galatyn

9 hours ago, Wulfgarr said:

I got it to working in a way that i look which affinity i want and add stuff to get the needed number. 

Yes, that's exactly it.  I've found it's best to start in the middle of meat so that when adding different vegetables and such, if you find yourself just a few numbers off, you can adjust meat to match.  Same concept with veges, as well.

26 minutes ago, Galatyn said:

A few things do have the same value, but for the most part are different.  Try a different vegetable.  If still unsure, post you affinities for a diced meat in pottery bowl (breakfast) and the same diced meat and a chopped vegetable in a pottery bowl (breakfast), along with the type of meat and vegetable. 

So here's my values for diced meats:

meat  127

bear  59
beef  60
canine  61
feline  62
fowl  64
game  65
horse  66
humanoid  68
insect  69
lamb  70
pork  71
seafood  72
snake  73
tough  74

And here's my values for all chopped vegetables:

cabbage  85

carrot  84
corn  87
cucumber  60
garlic  135
lettuce  88
onion  134
pea pod  89
potato  90
pumpkin  88
tomato  86

Making a breakfast out of diced canine meat (61, HFC) and chopped cucumber (60 dairy food making) made my "guess" number 121.  My actual was (94 fishing), which is a difference of 94 - 121 =  -(27)

So, taking this into account, and as a priest, trying to make a #118 (Channeling) breakfast, I tried getting the numbers to add up (subtracting 27 for every vegetable, spice or herb that I added beyond the first ingredient) but I'm not getting the target results.

For me the hard if not impossilbe part is with frying pans as you cant cook up breakfasts for all. So far the with meat and veggie it kinda works, but not very well. 

19 hours ago, Wargasm said:

So here's my values for diced meats:

Hide contents

meat  127

bear  59
beef  60
canine  61
feline  62
fowl  64
game  65
horse  66
humanoid  68
insect  69
lamb  70
pork  71
seafood  72
snake  73
tough  74

And here's my values for all chopped vegetables:

Hide contents

cabbage  85

carrot  84
corn  87
cucumber  60
garlic  135
lettuce  88
onion  134
pea pod  89
potato  90
pumpkin  88
tomato  86

Making a breakfast out of diced canine meat (61, HFC) and chopped cucumber (60 dairy food making) made my "guess" number 121.  My actual was (94 fishing), which is a difference of 94 - 121 =  -(27)

So, taking this into account, and as a priest, trying to make a #118 (Channeling) breakfast, I tried getting the numbers to add up (subtracting 27 for every vegetable, spice or herb that I added beyond the first ingredient) but I'm not getting the target results.

Plz test by making a breakfast (pottery bowl in same oven) of diced canine (61), chopped cucumber (60), chopped carrot (84) and chopped corn (87) and see if you receive butcher knife.

61+(60-27)+(84-27)+(87-27)=211=73=butcher knife

If you don't receive butcher knife, then you may be bugged and this system won't work for that avatar.  Try it on an alt and see if same results.  The values will be different.

Thank u mate, it helped me a lot. Now I'm able to make any affinity meals I need.

• Like 1

Not sure if my avatar is 'bugged' or i am not smart enough.

horse meat did give : 99

insect meat did give : 78

onion did give : 49

pumpkin did give : 3

horse and onion did give : guess : 148, actual : 88 (result -60)

insect and pumpkin did give: guess 81, actual : 45 (result -36)

Should the results not be the same ?

2 hours ago, Faldor said:

Not sure if my avatar is 'bugged' or i am not smart enough.

horse meat did give : 99

insect meat did give : 78

onion did give : 49

pumpkin did give : 3

horse and onion did give : guess : 148, actual : 88 (result -60)

insect and pumpkin did give: guess 81, actual : 45 (result -36)

Should the results not be the same ?

Yes, it should have been the same.  

hope this doesn't get nerfed, ty for the tip

7 hours ago, icbash said:

OK spreadsheet done**.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AYC-X9MjYYZoi0qCH6QPRwagIYgpoeC4jfszFRdy7fk/edit?usp=sharing

Click File 'then' Make a Copy

Then open it and have fun :) there are drop down menu's in it..

Yes yes i know everything not added but its good start. ill update it as i can.. if ya find something that is broken  screenshot it

Im gonna test it later, but it looks awesome! Gj

7 hours ago, icbash said:

OK spreadsheet done**.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AYC-X9MjYYZoi0qCH6QPRwagIYgpoeC4jfszFRdy7fk/edit?usp=sharing

Click File 'then' Make a Copy

Then open it and have fun :) there are drop down menu's in it..

Yes yes i know everything not added but its good start. ill update it as i can.. if ya find something that is broken  screenshot it

Im gonna test it later, but it looks awesome! Gj

1 hour ago, Kabill said:

tfw ur broken :'(

rolf did that intentionally to nerf you bud.

2 hours ago, Kabill said:

tfw ur broken :'(

did ya make the meal? if it pops up IF your broken this will be your meal

OK new V1.004 out fixed few errors that happened with Salt