Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

Harmony Pass - A new tunnel project.

Everybody heard the echoing screams from poor travelers attacked by nightmarish creatures in that area of our beloved server. Well, the goal is to provide a quick way to travel underground and away from them, but also to improve our canal network and connect Echo to Nighmare lake.

ZFo1nly.png

The tunnel will feature a walkway on the north side and a 2 tiles wide cave canal one tile south of it (using the freshly added wide entrances). We will have open air canals at both ends and through the 'Eldorado Crater' (nota. Walkway will start from the crater to the east exit). Western branch of the tunnel will not require a walkway, plenty of accessible roads in the area leading in and out of the crater.

Trivia:  This project have been thought accross a good amount of years now. The smaller amounts of deeds in the way, light improvement in tunnels, wider entrance and success of the Yellow Subway and Rainbow canal make this tunnel the logical next step in our efforts to improve Deliverance.

What Can I Do?! : We can use miners, miners and even more miners. As well as concrete makers, support beams creators and blacksmith for those shiny new lamps. The Eldorado Crater contain more than enough gold veins to be mined out, leaving enough lumps for the lamps and your own storages. As usual a commemorative sign of some kind (statues, lamps, sign) with the name of the helpers will be place in the tunnel or the Eldorado crater.

Spoiler

Our helpers so far :

Darmalus

Nicrolis

MrCoolMan

Redreamer

VelvetSun

DelightfulDee

Courtcourt

Epryss

xXxPoisonxXx

TheShawv

Subie

Wilca

Explora

Stevelee

Jaz/Zaj

Ayuna

Doctorangus

Jberg

GM Team

Edit : Shout out to dye makers. We will most likely need a bunch of some various gold / purple / amber tones. Reach me there or ingame if you are interested.

Edited by Odynn
  • Like 8

I will come all the way from Exodus to do some mining. :)

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 1

We have GOLD! already a few veins uncovered... low QL one for any creation need and an UTMOST one for our high skill miners. Come get them and leave your mark on the server.

• Like 1

Well, for easier reading and keeping the helpers bait post above. Detailing the global plan for the tunnel (at least the western branch first)

1. Punch through the mountain. The tunnel is above the water level to allow carts and wagons to travel inside it.
  2. Expand the tunnels to the two lanes as planned.
  3. Kill any veins by any means necessary and reinforce the sides
  4. Make and plant the gold lamps every 5 tiles or so Due to how they look, they will be pushed again the walls
  5. Ceiling flattening and then raising the central line to the max of its heigh.
  6. Clearing the tunnel with wagons / whatever is needed and sinking it down to the max depth.
  7. Collapse the entrance, expose the rock again, surface mine both tiles to the max depth and open it from the inside.
  8. Take a break, see how terrible the sunlight is and head back to the other tunnel and restart at step one with an extra walkway.
  • Like 4

Going to be tough with mutiple hands digging the tunnel, raising the roof, lowering the floors etc to get it right. Love the idea :) Goal of a cart tunnel and a boat tunnel together is good, kind of like the Wolfsden tunnel. saves on support beams needed and people on foot and a boat can use the same path.

Who is the foreman for the job? Surveying done? Maybe assign teams for support beam making, vein clearing, roof raising, rough tunnel cutting, floor leveling etc? Not saying people would be stuck on one job just alot easier to contact one team or person for info on progress and needed materials.

I am in, lets talk.

Theshawv

I am the slave driver... and uhhhhh... good questions :D

Surveying is kinda done. We know where the echo tunnel starts and will end. the crater / nightmare lake part is as prepared as it could be knowing there is no longuer any deeds in the way.

The many mentionned tasks are up to whoever want to take them. Not trying to be too bossy on that one. As usual veins are marked with their QL and amount so any high skilled miner can get high QL gold... or skill away.

Status update :

First tunnel punched through the mountain. 107 tiles long.

3 veins in the way. Including 2 Utmost gold with a really fast decreasing amount. 

Veins are gone in the west branch

Lights are up - Reinforcing is in progress.

Second part of the tunnel is being prepared.

Come join the fun!

Edited by Odynn

He also offered to mine before I had to!

Be like him a part of something great! (without the need to be coerced into it.)

• Like 1

I'll make this tunnel project.  Something to get away from thies lamps.

Status update :

First tunnel now have the proper entrances. Lowering the floor and renforcing it is now needed. (As well as digging and dredging the western open air canal).

Second tunnel is progressing quite well, with surprisingly few veins so far. The gnomes are punching through it quite fast (yup - we all look like gnomes at that current time) and the entrances are in progress. The walkway is started but will need a lot of love.

h7wLugD.jpg

Edit - Miners rejoice - The unholy mess that was ahead got cleared. Punching away can proceed again.

Edited by Odynn
  • Like 3

Status update :

k5vQGgj.jpg

And we are through - rare sighting of a dark Explora for scale.

iHpdIoL.jpg

Toward Nightmare lake - Explora for scale again - maybe dredging too?!

zo50Dr3.jpg

Entrance completed! Now just have to finish mining a tunnel, planting lamps, reinforcing it, preparing the walkway exits, dredging, making things nice... making more forum posts.

Edit - Lets avoid a way too obvious post count raise...

veins in the way of the canal progress:
71ql - 495 actions - iron (Wilca 1 - Veins 0)
39ql - 3276 actions - iron (Wilca and team)
63ql - 4945 actions - lead (Zaj)
22ql - 2762 actions - lead (Zaj)

Edited by Odynn
  • Like 3

Is there a way to get to either Echo Lake or Nightmare Lake by boat? I'd be coming from Celebration, without a horse.

Access is possible by both lakes. Depending on the boat you use you can get up to the canal starting entrances easilly. Canals are properly shown on that map :

On the same note, we are now able to lower the whole western canal to the maximum depth. So Knarrs (and normally all boats) will be able to get in the crater from echo lake.

computer was offline for a week so i missed this post when it was made.
sorry im late to the show, ody ile chase you up in game.