101 posts in this topic

Ohw! These new walls are sooo gonna fit in the mountain village I have planned for ages!  Thankeeee! :wub:

 

Awesome work devs!  keep it up :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Updated patch notes with missing log:

 

 

BOO!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Retro already peed on this suggestion but I'll ask again anyway: give us a way to remodel existing walls into the new types.

 

Eg. activate hammer on normal stone wall to change it into another type (much like you can turn normal walls into plain and vice versa). Let it require a small portion of the new mats, eg to turn normal stone into round stone might require 3 round stone + 3 mortar. Just a thought.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Czar said:

Retro already peed on this suggestion but I'll ask again anyway: give us a way to remodel existing walls into the new types.

 

Eg. activate hammer on normal stone wall to change it into another type (much like you can turn normal walls into plain and vice versa). Let it require a small portion of the new mats, eg to turn normal stone into round stone might require 3 round stone + 3 mortar. Just a thought.

 

That would be such a huge improvement! And I like your idea of it still costing a bit of the materials. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said, this isn't going to happen for a few reasons

 

The reason we allowed the plain/stone walls to be changed as they required the same materials, and it was a simple trim. New house walls will require entirely different resources and just like timber walls weren't able to be changed like that.

 

The resources used vary, and while it may be a pain if you wish to go and redo your entire deed in a new wall type, but we won't be allowing a simple change for wall types.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that said, rendered walls are stone house walls with 20kgs of clay used after, so they will be fairly easy to change!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

when will we WU players get this update i wanna build a marble Castle with slate floors up on the highest mountain i can find #KingoftheWorld muahahhaa  :P

 

Edited by juniormad
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess any new ore/stone will get distributed in a way that any tile even ones on deed can have the chance to turn? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kegan said:

I guess any new ore/stone will get distributed in a way that any tile even ones on deed can have the chance to turn? 

pretty certain there will be no new ore/stone for this, its only new processed materials made from the known rock shards, slate or a new use for existing materials such as clay, marble bricks and pottery bricks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Arium said:

pretty certain there will be no new ore/stone for this, its only new processed materials made from the known rock shards, slate or a new use for existing materials such as clay, marble bricks and pottery bricks.

*cough*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Arium said:

pretty certain there will be no new ore/stone for this, its only new processed materials made from the known rock shards, slate or a new use for existing materials such as clay, marble bricks and pottery bricks.

Spoiler

Well I hate to spoil anything but there is a new "sandstone" ore on the test server

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh, sandstone. yeah, i completely forgot about that one, my bad then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Like I said, this isn't going to happen for a few reasons

 

Spoiler

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just on test building with sandstone and did not see any sandstone parapets please don't forget them. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parapets are unlikely, along with these we've hadded a few new fence types and unfortunately have hit our limit for the current system.

 

Adding additional types would need an overhaul of how it currently works and would extend the project by a lot longer, it may be possible down the line, but until then we're at the limit for wall/fence types.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Parapets are unlikely, along with these we've hadded a few new fence types and unfortunately have hit our limit for the current system.

 

Adding additional types would need an overhaul of how it currently works and would extend the project by a lot longer, it may be possible down the line, but until then we're at the limit for wall/fence types.

Well the art is not on test yet so we don't know what the new fences look like but you can not even use the new sandstone fences on the houses yet. (at least let the new matching fences be used on the houses)  

 

For me with how much I use parapets I am stuck with the walls we have now. Maybe round stone might look okay but any of the others will just not work. :(  

 

Edit: It does not make a lot of sense to me to not have a matching parapet since they are such an important part of building a castle like structure. 

 

 

 

Edited by Kegan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather have 1 of new textures discarded until the limit is raised somehow than end up with incomplete sets of walls. (unless these are independent from each other)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I am not sure what the limit you talk about is but maybe have it so the stone parapet will finish in whatever material you use on it? It would just be adding in a sub menu on the stone parapet option. I guess there will be the added textures for each one but that is what 6 more? 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Kegan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be what the limit is.

 

There's currently a limit to how many types and textures of fences and walls we have, given that textures require different thypes, it would be adding new types of parapet, This isnt possible at this time, though some sandstone and iron fences are coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was so looking forward to the sandstone houses now it just ruined that for me :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there are sandstone fences, just not sure if they work on houses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

there are sandstone fences, just not sure if they work on houses

As of right now no they do not we only get the same options as before on them. 

 

Edit: I had assumed the new fences were just the normal tall stone wall and iron fence in the texture of the new wall type so that will not work for what I want anyway if so. 

 

 

Edited by Kegan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All new fences will be available in houses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah dose anyone know when we are getting this for WU? im waiting to build my marble castle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, juniormad said:

yeah dose anyone know when we are getting this for WU? im waiting to build my marble castle

Soon the beta option just opened back up but it is empty on steam but it opened back up today so the beta will be here any day now.

beta might last 2 weeks if i recall then it go live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now