Super excited about the new wall types. Awesome job and thank you.

Just wondering any chance of log cabin wall type? i mean we already have log fences...

Log wall type has been suggested ore than any other wall type.

thats just from the first 2 pages of 8 suggesting log cabin type walls:P

Edited by Killroth
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

That's not all though, there's new fence types to match the housing types, as well as a few additions and changes the paving!
there will be a few new paving types, as well as a few changes to existing ones:

• Round cobble will use a new item round stone (same as round brick housing)
  • Rough cobble will use Colossus bricks
  • Slate slabs will be created by a chisel on combined slate shards like other slabs
  • and some new pavement types you'll have to wait and see!

A lot of fantastic work, but.....

Will existing road/highways/patios/etc remain as they are?  The look and design being dependent on the current graphics.  New looks are greatly appreciated but not at the loss of the looks we currently have....

I hope they will test the feasibility of having a catapult shot damage output spread among decorations.

It is a nice thought to be able to damage everything in a area, but the main objective of catapulting a deed is not to destroy things you may want to loot, but rather destroy the walls and fences in your way of being able to access a deed to loot things and get a drain on the token.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vinius said:

Can we get clarification on this? Are you saying you can spam decorative items in longhouses to reduce the chance that walls even get hit???

No, that would be silly. The projectile hits everything it lands on.

6 hours ago, Wargasm said:

This is a good point.  Would only one wall be hit, or any wall that borders a tile that is hit would be damaged (like current)? 

Landing projectiles aren't tile based, they'll just hit everything at the point of where they land (in a slight radius around depending on the projectile size).

As said in the OP, there will be public testing of all of this set up this weekend - so if you have fears about something go on and test it out. There's still a few things that need tweaking and fixing, so its not the final iteration of this.

• Like 4

Liking the new walls and things. :) Adds more variety.   

Oh and I love the new wall types, please please please so many times over can we have them for underground dwellings?

The current choices honestly suck, no windows and everything built ends up looking the same, I can say this as I have a deed under my deed.

• Like 4

Plus since we have no means of scaffolding, at the very least allow us to build wood buildings as well, I have so many icicles hanging off my ceilings its not even funny.

Very exciting to be getting new wall types, pavement and fences! Could've come in a bit earlier before I planned and started building a project at a newbie deed, but it is what it is ;) 

Can't wait to see it all in-game!

Will we finally get fences that match our bridge railings?

• Like 2

New wall types are going to come to wurm unlimited or only be for wurm online?

Now this is what we call an update to look forward to ! 

Those new walls will be superb :) thanks !

Shame there was no log walls though, log cabins would be so nice to build ! But hey, still super happy !

Valiance and Kaylie

19 hours ago, Miretta said:

if those new house walls are gonna come with similarly fitting bridges I'm so gonna make the scar's gates out of new stuff :D

Nah full on minas Tirith with those white walls and bridges!

• Like 1

New walls a WU feature? Didn't see anything mentioned. If not no issue here but I would love to know every file altered to add the new walls in cause I've racked my brain and testing only to not have any luck so I know I'm missing something. You know me I'm all about new construction walls and fences etc... I've loaded this forum in past with images of walls and all but I'm stuck in WU adding my own walls and stuff etc.. cause I'm missing something there is a file I'm missing to look in. I stopped trying and went to Taxidermy cause this road block i'm having. Once i'm done with my full scale stuffed models I will start work on wood carving but at some point want to go back to walls and fences just like a list of files I need to be in. Any chance Budda I can get a list of files I need to be looking in when adding new walls and fences? Looking to one day add my set of walls in http://s769.photobucket.com/user/arkonik1/slideshow/Wurm Unlimited mods and Textures/WU walls

• Like 1

So, since Wurm is a bit whimsical and fancy...

Can we make pathways dyeable? At least if there's a pottery brick option

Wow! I haven't been this excited for an update since.... I don't know when. The walls look absolutely AMAZING! I can't wait to build a round stone cottage!

The new pavement types are also highly anticipated.  :)

Question: Will this be coming to WU at the same time/soon after it's launched to WO?

P.S. Thank You, Warlander, for all your work on Deedplanner. Seeing these new walls and pavements in Deedplanner will be absolutely wonderful.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Miretta said:

I would also like something like this:

Trampelpfad_zum_Michaelberg_im_Maudacher

since with diagonal paving, we already have a code in place to recognize the surrounding tiles content, it would be nice to have a path that can recognize if it has "path tiles" touching it, then combining them to one consistent path or if it's touching grass etc. and if not touching any path it could be used for decoration as grassless spots :) 
I would really like some optical "break up" of tiles, that makes it less looking like tiles.

This path already exists in game, just gotta cultivate and drop sand, and u got a path

Oh drats!  So many new goodies how can I even decide which to use and where?!

Will all the new wall types have a "trimmed" in addition to the non-trimmed versions shown in the pictures? 

(Same as "regular" rock walls do now)

3 hours ago, Idony said:

Oh drats!  So many new goodies how can I even decide which to use and where?!

Will all the new wall types have a "trimmed" in addition to the non-trimmed versions shown in the pictures? 

(Same as "regular" rock walls do now)

Simple, put all the wall types on every building, that way you can enjoy them all.

nice walls! any chance we could get some new windows/doors with them?

dont forget new roofs and floors aswell :D so we can go 1.4 

Nice to see existing materials getting more uses.  With more demand for marble it looks like there will be less of it to go around.  Slate, on the other hand, is now catching up. 

This would be a good time to introduce 'slate brazier pillars' using silver brazier bowls.  Hmm... and maybe even 'brick brazier pillars' with bronze bowls?

Bronze_bell_with_visible_material_struct

• Like 1

You know Asidecay just when we think we are done with deed it's time to rebuild. So liking the new building types.

• Like 2

I would guess that the new building stuff will come out when the unstable goes live? Is there any idea on when the building stuff comes out?  I have built a little workshop and I am waiting for the new stuff before build anything else on the new island.  I have some dirt work to do but i am almost done with that and will be ready to build soon, lol

Edited by Kegan

If you are going to bother using physics, you might as well, yah know, use physics....  Cranks (energy) / ammo mass determines the arc. War machine skill modifies how well that shot follows the base arc. If in flight the shot collides with a wall, roof, fence, whatever, apply damage to both the shot and what it hit. If the object breaks before the shot, to keep the physics easy, it continues on it's path until it hits a tile or another object. Firing a catapult shot onto the tile of a 1x1 and having it damage all 4 walls is just silly... Unless the ammo is MIRV warheads.  :P

Updated patch notes with missing log:

• Epic terraforming events have been removed from the endgame of Valrei scenarios.