Sign in to follow this  
McSporren

[Release] Wurm Cookbook

Hi hi,

I've been looking into JavaFX recently and thought I would make an attempt at creating a UI for creating and sharing recipes. It is aimed at non-techy types & hopefully makes creating recipes a little bit easier.

screenshot1.png

IMPORTANT: Read the info here first: https://bitbucket.org/wurmtools/wurm-cookbook/wiki/Home

Latest version (0.1) can be found HERE

Links:

If you run in to any issues then ping them up here & I will take a look when I get chance.

Hope peeps will find this useful :)

Edited by McSporren
Added screenshot
  • Like 2

What would be really useful is an affinity calculator - cook a set meal, see what it gives, punch it in with the affinity you want, and the generator comes up with a recipe to give that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Wonka said:

What would be really useful is an affinity calculator - cook a set meal, see what it gives, punch it in with the affinity you want, and the generator comes up with a recipe to give that.

Yeah, if there would be a way to find out which recepies to cook for asked affinity that would be awesome. I belive it does, since someone is selling desired affinity meals just based on 2 taste tests... Also would be nice to know how long will affinty last from each recepie :)

This looks amazing! Should be much easier for my server settlers to create recipes for me to add. Thank you for taking your time to create this awesome tool!

8 hours ago, Wonka said:

8 hours ago, kochinac said:

Yeah, if there would be a way to find out which recepies to cook for asked affinity that would be awesome. I belive it does, since someone is selling desired affinity meals just based on 2 taste tests... Also would be nice to know how long will affinty last from each recepie :)

This does sound like something that would be useful, however I'm still quite new to the codebase (and game :P) to get my head round this yet. I know affinities can be different for each person from the same ingredients/meal and that its based partially on their id... and that's about it! Possibly something I might look at down the road but no promises at this point.

6 hours ago, Governor said:

This looks amazing! Should be much easier for my server settlers to create recipes for me to add. Thank you for taking your time to create this awesome tool!

Its a little side project for me to learn some new stuff really so its all time well spent. If its useful to even just a few people then that's a bonus :)

• Like 1

Made some more progress on this today & hoping to get something out 'soon'. Nothing too exciting but here's a vid here showing the current file/id handling and some filtering to only show 'sensible' suggestions (no sound again :P): https://youtu.be/cwcsnbpTd9Y

NOTE: some of the options shown may not actually be valid - still working on this & I expect to spend quite a bit of time bouncing in and out of game to check as much as possible!

Some people possibly won't want some of the options to be restricted (e.g. being able to select any skill type or material) so they can have more control on what goes into the recipes but the idea is to make this as friendly as possible to non-techy peeps so I've tried to make things as close to the Wurm Cooking Overhaul doc as I can :) The RecipeEditor by Sophorino will give you much more control.

Quite a bit of sanity checking to do still & no import/export stuff yet but I'll probably release something before this is done anyway so peeps can tell me whats broken :P

Edited by McSporren
  • Like 1

Just added some links to an info page (here) and where downloads + source code will be. Hoping to have something up very soon :)

Edited by McSporren
Fixed broken link!
  • Like 1

Okies so I've just created a test build. Please see HERE (wiki) first and you can grab the test version HERE (downloads). Ping back here if (when) you spot any issues.

Currently released FOR TESTING ONLY

IMPORTANT

• Read the info HERE (wiki) first
  • Please do not use the application to create recipes for you main/live server at this point & always back stuff up

I've also created some samples recipes while testing stuff - feel free to play with them. Can be found HERE (recipes)

Spoiler

1900 - baked beans
1901 - minted meat
1902 - spiced meat
1903 - fruity meat
1904 - beans on toast (requires 1900)
1905 - chocolate covered fruit
1906 - candied nut
1907 - boiled veg
1908 - steamed veg
1909 - baked veg
1910 - grilled meat
1911 - meat and potato pie
1912 - white pudding
1913 - black pudding
1914 - big breakfast (requires 1900, 1912, 1913)
1915 - pigs in blankets
1916 - tea and biscuits

Cheers :)

Edited by McSporren

On 4/18/2017 at 6:24 PM, WesncIsMe said:

Hows the progress on this into a usable state?

I've not had any feedback so far with any issues etc & can see that several peeps have now downloaded so I'm guessing things are all working ok :P

Its usable in its current state & has everything you'll need to get going but I will try to get back to it this weekend and create a more 'official' release.

In the meantime it would be great of those who have had chance to play with it could ping any thoughts/feedback/suggestions here:)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, McSporren said:

...I will try to get back to it this weekend and create a more 'official' release...

Done - nothing has changed from the test release but I have updated the info/links in the first post :)

• Like 1

i love this tool.

i just wanted to tell you that. it is simple to use. clean UI. and does everything it needs to perfectly.

no improvements needed as far as i can tell.

now all we need is a place to swap recipes.

- Result page, selecting difficulty, the selected number is obscured on its bottom.

- Information page, your switch toggles should have text that explain what the current state is. Instead of "KNOWN?" try KNOWN and UNKNOWN. 

- Changing pages and such is sluggish. It's not my computer because I can run multiple IntelliJ IDE programs (that are made with JAVA) with no problem.

- Add some error catching to skip over broken recipies. Example: Skipped loading 1501, Json appears corrupted. Right now it errors out and doesn't try to move on.

2017-08-03 09:50:11 [JavaFX Application Thread] ERROR c.h.w.c.service.PersistenceService - Unable to load recipe from C:\Users\Jason\Documents\WU\WU-Server\Purple Apple\recipes\recipe 1501.json. Is it a valid recipe file?
com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Expected name at line 92 column 12 path $.ingredients.oneormore[0].list[4].difficulty
	at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:902)

How to use import and export? But maybe it doesn't work because of the error I encountered.

Anyone can help my? I trying to maken advocaat recipe but it requieres it self etc. 

Can some one fix so it only requires whisky? 

Also fix it as a own drink?

Spoiler

{
  "name": "Ingars advocaat",
  "recipeid": "1500",
  "known": true,
  "nameable": false,
  "skill": "beverages",
  "trigger": "heat",
  "cookers": [
    {
      "id": "oven",
      "difficulty": 32
    }
  ],
  "containers": [
    {
      "id": "cauldron",
      "difficulty": 22
    }
  ],
  "ingredients": {
    "mandatory": [
      {
        "id": "egg",
        "cstate": "raw",
        "difficulty": 7,
        "loss": 5
      },
      {
        "id": "nutmeg",
        "pstate": "ground",
        "difficulty": 3,
        "loss": 6
      },
      {
        "id": "cream",
        "cstate": "raw",
        "difficulty": 26,
        "loss": 6,
        "ratio": 16
      },
      {
        "id": "whisky",
        "loss": 5,
        "ratio": 9
      }
    ]
  },
  "result": {
    "id": "whisky",
    "name": "Ingars advocaat",
    "pstate": "fermenting",
    "difficulty": 30,
    "description": "A tasty drink you usaully drink at Xmas!",
    "achievement": "whisky",
    "usetemplateweight": true
  }
}

Edited by Elsa

I see that it has a toggle for "lootable."  Does this mean that we can create custom recipes and make them lootable?  If so, do we get to choose what creature they are lootable from?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Batta said:

I see that it has a toggle for "lootable."  Does this mean that we can create custom recipes and make them lootable?  If so, do we get to choose what creature they are lootable from?

Yes,

Wow.  That's wonderful.

But how does this work? I don't see anywhere that it asks what creature you loot from.

Edited by Batta

17 hours ago, Batta said:

Wow.  That's wonderful.

But how does this work? I don't see anywhere that it asks what creature you loot from.

When you enable it its drops down options

Deleted:  I had a non-working recipe, but I figured it out.  🙂

Edited by Batta

The links are all returning 404 Error for me, and my existing copy won't open anymore. Does anyone have a working copy you could share?

Hello

Like Batta, is there somebody that have a copy of this great tool?

Thanks for the help