Sign in to follow this  
Yldrania

Champion Charm issues

So, I found a champion crocodile today. After spending a lot of time luring it, charming it and bringing it home, I finally managed to pen it. When I left its status was "The Venerable Champion Crocodile acts loyal.". From charming other animals, I know that that should last quite a while and keep it my pet. 

When I relogged a while later, it was untame. Fortunately it was now penned so couldn't leave.

I waited and casted charm again - with the support of guards from the tower to tank it for me. I was prepared to grab it and run out of the tower range as soon as it was charmed.

However, as soon as I had completed the Charm spell, the crocodile disappeared. The guards stopped attacking, and the crocodile was gone. I had no Pet options.

Spoiler

[01:12:13] There are some borders crossing issues, please refrain from sailing to other servers for now. Hamsters did it again! Thank you for the patience!
[01:13:12] Guards from guard tower runs to the rescue!
[01:13:13] The iron fence gate blocks your attempt.
[01:13:32] You start to cast 'Charm animal' on a venerable champion crocodile.
[01:13:34] You stop charming.
[01:13:40] The iron fence gate blocks your attempt.
[01:14:19] The iron fence gate is in the way.
[01:14:25] You start to cast 'Charm animal' on a venerable champion crocodile.
[01:14:44] You cast 'Charm animal' on a venerable champion crocodile.
[01:14:44] A mature dog stops following you.
[01:14:44] You overwhelm a venerable champion crocodile with love and trust.
[01:14:45] An old fat brown cow grazes.

I relogged real quick - no change.

I relogged for /lotime and the crocodile was back, although now untame again. 

TO ADD: I need to get this thing moved to another pen and branded but I can't seem to be able to do either since I can't charm it, so support would be nice.

All this time and the bug is still in the game.... It's also an issue with normal taming. 

Can I get any feedback on this?

I have recreated this same bug when trying to tame the crocodile with high quality meat - it disappeared. after relog it was back but untame. 

Added to the list and reproduced the bug. Thanks for the report.

I managed to reproduce this bug using following procedure:

1. Tamed animal

2. Logged out, waited /lotime and logged back in

3. Animal is gone, no pet options

4. Logged out, waited /lotime and logged back in

5. Animal is back again, but untamed

Similar situation seems to repeat no matter the scenario - both when taming aggro/non-aggro and when taming one animal and then another.

If i understand correctly, there is a way to make animal disappear immediately without logging out first as well - any additional details on how to reproduce this scenario?

14 hours ago, Warlander said:

Added to the list and reproduced the bug. Thanks for the report.

I managed to reproduce this bug using following procedure:

1. Tamed animal

2. Logged out, waited /lotime and logged back in

3. Animal is gone, no pet options

4. Logged out, waited /lotime and logged back in

5. Animal is back again, but untamed

Similar situation seems to repeat no matter the scenario - both when taming aggro/non-aggro and when taming one animal and then another.

If i understand correctly, there is a way to make animal disappear immediately without logging out first as well - any additional details on how to reproduce this scenario?

Try Charming the animal instead of taming it. Also, AFAIK it has to be a hostile champion since I haven't had this issue with any other charmed pet. Tamed bears, wolves, etc. and there was no issue - regular crocodile: no issue. Champion Crocodile: Disappears EVERY time.

Cannot reproduce the issue anymore as a Fo priest, so it is most likely fixed. I will keep this topic open just in case if there still will be some problems after the server update, but everything should be fine now.

Thanks for the report again. :)