Sign in to follow this  
Kurson

Wind sounds in buildings

So if you play with sounds on, there's usually howling wind even when you're inside your house, which (among with weather effects like rain) ruins the feeling of being safe from the elements.

There's already an event message when you try to sleep in a windy environment - ' The house is too windy to provide protection. ', but even if the house is fully built you can hear the wind 100%.

I'm wondering if it's possible to check if the player is in a fully built building (that you could sleep in for example), and muffle the wind sounds?

• Like 4

+1 - this always irritates me, more than the indoor snow.

+1 for immersion.

The rain is culled when under a conopy/roof afair.

Should be possible with the sound as well. It's implemented when entering a Cave, so a Building should also be possible.

It's always seemed a bit muted inside a house for me, not sure if I might have something set differently?  It's subtle though.

+1 for immersion indeed.

+1

Don't know if wind sounds are also tied to very high areas, but once got a deed on almost highest point on the continent and got loud wind sound almost constantly.

Have weather having an impact in gameplay and aesthetics when the effective ql (decaying) is below a certain point.

Since we have not invented glass yet, wurmians are going to have to live with the wind whistling through there homes.

• Like 4

+1 Had this problem before when I would go down this road not too far from my house. Would drive me crazy lucky my deed is out of range of it. I heard it was terrain based so it doesn't go away. >.<

On 4/12/2017 at 2:19 PM, JakeRivers said:

Since we have not invented glass yet, wurmians are going to have to live with the wind whistling through there homes.

sounds pretty absolute and i resolutely agree. -1
rain on the other hand..