Sign in to follow this  
Jet22

DR - PVP

Building of the "FUD in pvp" discussion in Town Hall, why not implement a more easily obtained hard cap on DR?

I don't want to get bogged down on what overall % this would be, but it would obviously need to be high enough to still tank Uniques with good heals.  Personally, I was thinking something equivalent to 70 Body Str. max SotG and 90 ql plate.  Champions should probably get a reasonable increase (read an exception) to the hard cap.  The actual Max DR cap would need to be tested and revised overtime, but making it reasonably attainable would, in my opinion, get more people into PVP.

At the same time this cap would be implemented, I would like to see a change to the Character Sheet.  When you mouse over each body part, you would get a DR value from 1.0 to 100, where 100 = the DR cap.  Also an overall weighted average of DR could be added to the info displayed in the upper left hand corner of the character sheet.  (And while we are adding things to the character sheet, why not a current CR and/or damage/dps value.)

This may allow for more choices on armor types and med paths etc. while maintaining a competitive DR.

I do think reducing uncertainty would make pvp more fun, and shouldn't that be the goal? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cornchips said:

cringe

Thanks for the constructive criticism.

You have really added value to the discussion.