Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

The Magic of Wurm

A while back I asked if folks thought Wurm's priests were "working as intended", the majority felt that the answer to this was "no".

With the recent news of some form of PvP overhaul coming into play that impacts both priests and meditation; I was wondering, what sort of direction would everyone here like to see Wurm's magic go?  Should it remain largely as it is, does it maybe need some new content/balancing, or does it require a complete overhaul?

It was okay before RNG player gods screwed up the balance.    I have no problem with player gods, but just giving them random spells really screwed things up.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Greyfox said:

It was okay before RNG player gods screwed up the balance.    I have no problem with player gods, but just giving them random spells really screwed things up.

I take it you weren't around when Rolf enabled PvP and deed draining on the PvE servers then went home for the weekend.

Edited by Chakron

18 minutes ago, Chakron said:

I take it you weren't around when Rolf enabled PvP and deed draining on the PvE servers then went home for the weekend.

That has exactly what relevance on what I said?

Before I start, kudos to those players who have achieved godhood.  It was a lot of work to achieve and they deserve a hearty well done!

The whole player god system looks to be something thought up in a pub after the 3rd pint, sketched on a napkin by the 6th and code written by closing time.  Player gods should never have been equal gods.  Should never have been added to the Valrie  chess board without thinking through the inevitable grid lock that would occur as more gods were added to the same size field.  

It would seem impossible to me, to ever be able to have a balanced epic system or to keep it balanced when more gods are being added.  Player gods should be assistant gods with two powers that a priest of one of the main gods could also pray to and utilize their spells or enchants.  For example a Lib priest being able use Genesis.

So my vote is for a complete do over of God's and the game of the gods.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Greyfox said:

You were talking about "when Wurm was okay" despite being absent for most of Wurm's history. There's nothing wrong with that and player Gods are pretty dumb, I just wanted to add context. Wurm has had a checkered history and things are very good today!

17 minutes ago, Chakron said:

You were talking about "when Wurm was okay" despite being absent for most of Wurm's history. There's nothing wrong with that and player Gods are pretty dumb, I just wanted to add context. Wurm has had a checkered history and things are very good today!

You do know we are talking about priests and not Wurm as a whole right?

22 minutes ago, Greyfox said:

You do know we are talking about priests and not Wurm as a whole right?

You're right! I misread the post.

I would say there is plenty of room for more priest spells. Coding a few new spells and adding them to current priests might be a start to rebalancing them. The rng nature of player gods needs to go first though, for sure.

9 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

With the recent news of some form of PvP overhaul coming into play that impacts both priests and meditation

meditation was recently changed, i dont think theres a change incoming here...else they could just say that the recent "fix" was wrong... but as far as spells concern me you can remove all tool enchants. yea, no more coc/botd/woa. maybe set skillgain to 1.1 for the loss of that spells....and dont just remove the spells, also remove it from all items that currently got it. we dont need more legendary stuff ingame.

I do find Wurm to be rather magical too but it has nothing to do with priests. Just the title that caught my eye, so I depart without further ot* comments.

=Ayes=