Sign in to follow this  
Clatius

This is a Question. Why isn't butcher tied to skill???

5 hours ago, Horsch said:

I was always under the impression butchering did increase butchering skill.  Weird if it doesn't because I always remember it giving my butchering skills.  How do you grind up butchering skills if not for the butchering action?  o.0

I'm confused.

Why would butchering not give butchering xp?  Pretty sure it does.

What gave you the impression it didn't?

• Like 1

Butchering does give Butchering skill increase.

I think the problem was that a player was confused by this thread's title of 'This is a Question. Why isn't butcher tied to skill???' and mistook that to be about no skill gain from butchering instead of how the result  of butchering isn't strictly maximized by one's butchering skill.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tristanc said:

Butchering does give Butchering skill increase.

I think the problem was that a player was confused by this thread's title of 'This is a Question. Why isn't butcher tied to skill???' and mistook that to be about no skill gain from butchering instead of how the result  of butchering isn't strictly maximized by one's butchering skill.

Bingo!

I have found filleting meat is an awesomesauce way to level butchering. Sit next to your fan, turn on sleep bonus, and go to town. When done, drop them back in the fsb. If you want max skill, cube and then mince the meat. But then you can't put it back in the fsb. In the end, is up to you.

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 6:33 AM, Arium said:

he made a post, it didnt break any rules, so it still exists. hes just looking in the wrong thread.

is the post he's referring to. the initial one was moved and this one was re-created. ayes just didnt notice.

Yet my post, that didn't break any rules, was removed and not found in either post....  I actually simply warned, in this thread, that creating multiple threads on the same topic could land the OP in the land of disappearing posts along with me.
The irony of that warning being deleted is not lost on me.  But this goes off topic.   Retro opened the door by going off topic himself, but we can only take that so far before the delete key starts getting hit.

On Tue Mar 21 2017 at 11:56 PM, Pyro said:

i think that you should be extremely lucky to get something 100ql from butchering...i mean, how did you kill the mountain lion without damaging the fur (pelt)?

Brain em!

When i red this i tought he was trolling, it is pretty obvious that butcher is related to butchering skill, and by so the number and the ql variance of products. It might have a higher variance than other skills, so high that you can get ql100 stuff at 25-30 butchering (With a high ql runed knife, ofc). But it does indeed count, as the screenshot that was posted clearly shows.
Honestly, i like it as it is, as i liked the variance of botanizing, harvesting and forestry more before the cooking overhaul than how i like it now, even if it needed some adjustment.

Edited by Davih
  • Like 1

Sorry, failed to edit.

Edited by Davih

I would think of butchering like creating a plank or shaft... it is not tied to skill in entirely only material QL and the animal is 100ql by default.

• Like 1

Was this early April Fools joke post or what? Butchering gives you cooking - butchering skill, and knives - butchering knife and whatever parent skills around them... cooking/knives(+ w/e body stats..)

butcher more things(any dead bodies.. from fighting or fishing work)..... get that cooking->butchering and knives->butchering  knife skill higher... and you'll get better things and more items...(it's still RNG - skill, tool's ql, rarity, rng, rng, rng..)

*no idea what you get from chopping veggies

starving creature gives 0 or 1 meat(if I remember right), using a rare/supreme/++ knife gets you at least 1 meat anyway.. or +1 on top of whatever else you butcher(any rarity over normal gets you bonus +1 meat, unless that changed to nerf human meat market(is that even a thing...))