Sign in to follow this  
Tenbar

Unusual Sounds Request

Hi Wurmians:

I'm really not sure at all if this is the right forum to post this, and I might try another section of the forums if need be.

I played Wurm Online years ago and deeply enjoyed the relaxing mining.  I REALLY loved the sounds of the mining:  the pebbles crumbling, the pickaxe scraping against the rocks, etc.

I haven't had much time to play anymore at all, but I would love to have a file (maybe a .WAV file of some sort??) of all the relaxing sounds of Wurm mining on my headphones whenever I do hard studying or a little bit of coding.

Is it possible at all to export the mining sounds so I can hear them on my headphones so I can relax to the repetitious rocks crumbling and scraping while I work on hard intellectual things?

Just wanting to know what I can do to pursue this.  Thanks if you can offer any suggestions or ideas!

Edited by Tenbar

UPDATE:  I carefully checked Wurmpedia and came across this page: http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Sounds#Work

sound.work.mining1, sound.work.mining2, and sound.work.mining3 seem to be the files I was looking for.

The page did clearly state that the files may not be copied since Wurm Online is the copyright owner.

I have no interest in copying the files or using them for any commercial reason.  I thought it would be cool to listen to the sounds on my headphones while working on difficult mental projects, though.

There is most likely some free softwares out on the interweb allowing you to save the sounds that goes through your speakers, which would not be a direct copy of the wurm files and keep the whole ambiant sounds (if you have any), might want to see if our dear PR representative want to shot that idea down though.

• Like 1

Look for the sound.jar file in the "Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\packs" folder where your steam files are located.

Open that jar with 7-zip or similar archive application.

Find the "021-Environment-caves" folder inside the jar, extract the .ogg files to your music folder.  Ogg files can be played in WinAmp and other music players without conversion.

All the files in the sound.jar can be played this way too.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Odynn & Ricowan, thanks for your ideas!

I will try Ricowan's approach first and Odynn's as a backup.  Great suggestions!

Wish I could add to your rep's, but sadly cannot since I don't post or come here as often as I would like.

(EDIT:  Well, you got some "likes" from me at the very least.)

Edited by Tenbar