Sign in to follow this  
Baloo

Snow balls!

Hi,

The collection of snowballs is becoming increasingly tedious and an irritating waste of time. 

It is not as if there is any skill involved in collecting snow, thus:

1. Why do all tiles not have snow? - tedious to go around clicking on each and every tile to find "collect snow"

2. Why are not all snowballs 99ql? - tedious to have to drop untidy piles of snowballs all over the place, as there is no point in collecting snowballs under 90ql, else the damage until next winter would be too great for larder to be effective.

Suggestions:

1, either make this activity skill related,  e.g. foraging, gardening, digging; or

2. adjusted to make it less tedious, i.e. all tiles to have snow and all snowballs to be 99ql; or

3. have 90+ql snowballs at least 90% of all snow collected, rather than the current 10 to 20%.

On the positive side, however, the decay rate of snowballs in the icebox of the larder is now much better.

Hoping that the new and wonderfully enthusiastic Dev team will give this a little bit of attention before next Wurm winter...

Thanks,

Baloo

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Baloo said:

either make this activity skill related,  e.g. foraging, gardening, digging

nonononono

+1 otherwise

I personally don't have much of a problem with how they work now, but there's definitely plenty of room for improvement.

3 hours ago, zigozag said:

nonononono

I second that nononono.

That whole skill related thing has already screwed stuff up. Let's not dive deeper into that rabbit hole.

As it is, things like good blue dye are almost impossible to acquire/create now. How many people do you know with 90+ botanizing? 

• Like 1

Yes ! decent blue dye was impossible before, now even more so even with high-ish botanising skill.

I hear you both about it not to be skill related, but for goodness sake make all tiles have snow and all snowballs 99ql then!

2 minutes ago, Baloo said:

I hear you both about it not to be skill related, but for goodness sake make all tiles have snow and all snowballs 99ql then!

I would be perfectly content with every snowball being 99ql upon harvest.

Why not? Water is a set quality. Milk is.

For meals, I just use wax paper and throw it in my larder for storage. No snowballs needed. However, once I start doing stuff with the new cooking system, I will need to worry about snowballs. Just for kicks I went looking for snowballs to fill my larder and someone said you need all 99ql snowballs to make the larder stay cold until the next winter arrives. Therefore, I agree it's really annoying to have to keep picking constantly to get all 99ql snowballs. It's a waste of time to be honest when you could be skilling or doing something else way more productive. So +1 to suggestions ppl are agreeing with here.

Almost all tiles will produce snow, it's just that they don't all get snow at the same time.  This means if you go clicking around at the beginning of winter (or even at the end of autumn), you'll find tiles that haven't been 'snowed' on yet.  If you go clicking a week or so into winter, there's snow everywhere.