Sign in to follow this  
Fablecrafter

Trees Inside Decaying Houses

Alright so this idea is a bit out there, but thought about it when wanting to be able to plant trees inside my house. Well what if we could plant trees in the house, and trees could spread into a house, that has cultivated dirt in it, either as made by player or when the house is rotting away. The catch of it would be, is that as the tree grows, it would break floors and roof tiles above the tree, at say growth state 2+, and maybe a bit more math in it for floors higher up than a 2nd or 3rd floor. But the idea would be neat for making it look more natural for when nature is retaking a deed that has fallen, or a stray house that's been abandoned out in the wilderness :)

Edited by Fablecrafter
Change title to fit better

This is not what you are asking for, but I can't resist whenever the topic comes up for "indoor trees,"    

d9e75ab3f8228daa0caa633eb59c0459.jpga230ebd8f9e3abb074e6e56f1cbb1b86.jpg

However  you want more of a visual change in decaying houses to suggest woods are reclaiming it.

But i am not sure having trees poke through the roofs of decaying houses will add that much visual enjoyment... maybe rats scurrying about ^_^ and spawning in houses w / broken walls... so that locals will decide its time to raze the place down entirely with a catapult.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 3

I know it's not currently seen anywhere in the game but it'd be neat if ivy and other vine-like foliage could grow onto decaying walls as well, would add even more to the visual appeal ;)

But I'd also support the spawning rats idea... maybe even if they'd add small (IRL sized) non-hostile rats, that if you stand near them for a length of time you could become diseased, but they won't leave the house tiles.

Edited by Fablecrafter