Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Eclipse

Pretty nice how the game has Eclipse with Sol and the planets.  Was thinking while watching one today that it would be cool if the sky and area darkens while the eclipse is going on.  People that don't realize an eclipse is about to happen will notice it getting dark for awhile and then lookup and see "oh..there's an eclipse going on".

Maybe make a blue haze start to appear to make it more dramatic for 5 minutes while it's eclipsing.

Since I'm assuming Eclipse are random should have a unique spawn randomly on the map for 2 hours that people can try to hunt and kill.  Like how we have fog spiders, make an eclipse mob, but stays around for little bit after eclipse is over.  Or disappear on the next eclipse if no one finds it.

Make an Eclipse part of the new Wurm lore for PvP if you are going to be changing things and making that better.

Message:   "Fo is empowered by Sol eclipsing (some other planet/moon) and spawns Avatar of Sol."  Something like that.  I don't know the current lore.

Haven would not be part of the eclipse since it's on Sol all the time anyways, and tiny.

• Like 2

FYI, eclipses of Sol by Jackal recurr regularly every 80 days.

As someone who spent an embarassing number of hours studying the motions of the moons I would like their encounters to have some mild  consequences.  But most people don't much care and would rather not be bothered by the moons

Edited by Gaffer
Typo
  • Like 2

I used to jokingly tell newbies that during an eclipse normal wolves turned into werewolves that had huge agro range and where stronger then trolls.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

FYI, eclipses of Sol by Jackal recurr regularly every 80 days.

As someone who spent an embarassing number of hours studying the motions of the moons I would like their encounters to have some mild  consequences.  But most people don't much care and would rather not be bothered by the moons

The idea has a lot of potential though.  Doesn't have to be intrusive.  Could be opt-in for religious perks, or Nicedream's special mob if made non-aggro so players have a choice whether to attack, etc.

Tying it to Rifts would also somehow make sense to me, though I couldn't tell you why.

Architecture too, though I think that's usually more tied with solstices.  Could all be tied together... build a stonehenge-like structure out of portals and pillars, ebil mob shows up at eclipse, turns players who enter the structure into minced meat.

Add garlic, pinch of salt, serve searing hot.

@GreyfoxYou're mean :lol:

Be nice if they impacted magic in some way too, moons and magic go together!

+1