Sign in to follow this  
Ausimus

[Released] Infinite Wide Entrances and Mine Doors

lmao, I'm imagining a floating island via 4 sided cave entrances all the way around.  Should be interesting to raid that.

2 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

lmao, I'm imagining a floating island via 4 sided cave entrances all the way around.  Should be interesting to raid that.

yea dont think this will work well on a pvp server lol, thou you cant have floating mountains as you limited by the turns. Only infinite in one direction.

Edited by ausimus

Update:

Fixed issue that caused doors to not be place-able after clicking border other than the one attaching mine door to.

Configurable to allow only door attachment to wide tunnel entrances, only infinite wide tunnels or both by default. Works well for those that want the doors but not the super wide tunnels.

Download / Source

https://github.com/ausimus/Infinite-Wide-Tunnels/releases/latest

• Like 1

Not so interested in allowing the infinite wide tunnels but the mine doors is a big plus. Is there an ability rather than infinite to define a max wide setting? Say as an administrator you wanted to allow 4-5 vs the std 2-3 or outright infinite.

4 minutes ago, LifesaverM said:

Not so interested in allowing the infinite wide tunnels but the mine doors is a big plus. Is there an ability rather than infinite to define a max wide setting? Say as an administrator you wanted to allow 4-5 vs the std 2-3 or outright infinite.

Its in the works have yet to figure out a way to do any other than infinite atm.

• Like 2

Looks great! Will be testing it out soon.

Edit: Added to test server and it seems to play nice with other mods running and everything works like it should. Awesome job!

Edited by Governor
  • Like 1

Does this only allow width or can we also do height as well? I'm thinking of a canal tunnel that we can sail bigger ships through. I know it can already be done in a 1x1 tunnel in effect but it needs something that looks right without cutting off the mast entirely.

1 hour ago, Tryst said:

Does this only allow width or can we also do height as well? I'm thinking of a canal tunnel that we can sail bigger ships through. I know it can already be done in a 1x1 tunnel in effect but it needs something that looks right without cutting off the mast entirely.

Only width.

I haven't been able to successfully get a 3 wide tunnel as yet, still some things about wu that I don't understand lol, I know all 3 have to have flat borders, but that's the part I have trouble with getting the borders flat.

9 minutes ago, ozmods said:

I haven't been able to successfully get a 3 wide tunnel as yet, still some things about wu that I don't understand lol, I know all 3 have to have flat borders, but that's the part I have trouble with getting the borders flat.

Be sure to clear the area so rock is exposed on all sides around the border you want to flatten. Go to the upside of the slope and "surface mine" until it is flat.if it is lower, then you will need to create concrete to use to "raise the corner" of the lower side of the slope.

Edited by Governor