I have had three characters logged on now for almost 48 hours with only one disconnect so it is playable now for sure.  I still think the dawn/dusk is a little much with the red seems like more of a golden color would work better. 

On 3/18/2017 at 0:32 PM, geode said:

For the sake of the Players that partake in PvP and play on WU, this is a good edition of VI. Thanks Devs on their behalf.

Literally the only mention of WU in the post is the video and 1 sentence preceding it. Maybe they should write more about WU, since the people playing WO clearly aren't interested in reading...

• Like 3

I read this edition just fine bdew. The other part of my comment that you did not quote was actually the main point I was trying to communicate. My apologies that my comment wasn't clear enough.

Edited by geode

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:09 AM, PandyLynn said:

While looking into the Xan lag, can some also look into the Cele lag? It's been getting worse to the point where I've waited minutes to finish an action. :(

Cele had a community project to bless lamps for all highways n what not. you might be experiencing lag issue from that issue. does your lag clear up during daytime? just a theory I never had lag issue's on cele until everyone put lamps out.

I love the lighting in unstable, but i have a high end PC and it still DESTROYS my fps. It's unplayable after 5-10 minutes and now exists only as the client i launch to take screenshots in nicer lighting :( 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

I love the lighting in unstable, but i have a high end PC and it still DESTROYS my fps. It's unplayable after 5-10 minutes and now exists only as the client i launch to take screenshots in nicer lighting :( 

Got to try it out to see if it kills my framerate as well.

16 minutes ago, Theodein said:

I changed a couple settings like anti-aliasing to see if i could improve it...It runs ok now but now all dyed items arn't dyed and rares don't shimmer lol.

Edit - Ok so don't ever play with the GLSL, Lesson learned O.O

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 1

Alright if it helps anyone let it be noted i've stabilised unstable pretty well today just by changing anisotropic filtering and antialiasing down to the recommended 4 and 2 (my antialiasing was at 8 and unstable seemingly did NOT like that) and turned of non-power-of-two textures. 

Gonna see if it maintains this FPS but it seems worlds better with those changes.

EDIT - Held strong at 50+ FPS now for a good hour and the dynamic lighting is beautiful :) 

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nadroj said:

Alright if it helps anyone let it be noted i've stabilised unstable pretty well today just by changing anisotropic filtering and antialiasing down to the recommended 4 and 2 (my antialiasing was at 8 and unstable seemingly did NOT like that) and turned of non-power-of-two textures. 

Gonna see if it maintains this FPS but it seems worlds better with those changes.

EDIT - Held strong at 50+ FPS now for a good hour and the dynamic lighting is beautiful :) 

I'll have to see if I can fiddle with these options myself to see if they help with my weird issues I get around trees sometimes. I swear the root of it has to be too many visually-overlapping complex semi-transparent textures (fir tree branches are a great example), but I'm not qualified to say.

On 3/17/2017 at 9:05 PM, Killroth said:

here i thought this was the wurm online forums.

On 3/18/2017 at 6:32 AM, geode said:

Same thought came to me as well. There seems to be a quiet and persistent encouragement for players to take their toys and go to WU, but of course I might be a tad oversensitive on this.

For the sake of the Players that partake in PvP and play on WU, this is a good edition of VI. Thanks Devs on their behalf.

On 3/18/2017 at 11:43 AM, Greyfox said:

Oh I'm not the only one who's noticed this.  

Wurm Unlimited has had a section on these forums since launch and has had content incorporated into the news for just as long.

There is no persistent encouragement, outside of your own personal interpretation of what you're reading.

I strongly recommend you adjust as we will be developing for both products for quite some time. :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nadroj said:

9 hours ago, Nadroj said:

I changed a couple settings like anti-aliasing to see if i could improve it...It runs ok now but now all dyed items arn't dyed and rares don't shimmer lol.

Edit - Ok so don't ever play with the GLSL, Lesson learned O.O

10 hours ago, Theodein said:

10 hours ago, Nadroj said:

6 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

I'll have to see if I can fiddle with these options myself to see if they help with my weird issues I get around trees sometimes. I swear the root of it has to be too many visually-overlapping complex semi-transparent textures (fir tree branches are a great example), but I'm not qualified to say.

Do post your issues in the client bug section of the forum. Remember to note the full version in the title bar. Should also be in the console log.

6 minutes ago, Keenan said:

There is no persistent encouragement, outside of your own personal interpretation of what you're reading.

Really?  From last weeks news(VI 009),
"1.3 in WU and sale

Wurm Unlimited has been abuzz this week with 1.3 finally landing, it's taken a while but WU is now filled with al lthe awesome content we've had for a few months.

If you're looking to get in on the action, it's currently on sale at 33% off!

We'll also be looking at more WU specific subforums over the coming weeks, for WU specific suggestions, and bettert bug reporting too, so keep eyes peeled."

From VI 005;
"We're giving away some Steam keys for Wurm unlimited via Twitter and Facebook, so be sure to jump on and share your favourite Wurm tip to be in the running, we'll be giving away more over the coming week too!"

I could keep going back and find more.   I could also sight the Wurm Online Facebook account pushing WU.  I'm sure Twitter is doing the same but I don't use Twitter.

You can see why some people might think WO is being slowly dropped and we are being herded towards WU.

14 minutes ago, Keenan said:

we will be developing for both products for quite some time. :)

I really hope that's true.

Just now, Greyfox said:

Really?  From last weeks news(VI 009),
"1.3 in WU and sale

Wurm Unlimited has been abuzz this week with 1.3 finally landing, it's taken a while but WU is now filled with al lthe awesome content we've had for a few months.

If you're looking to get in on the action, it's currently on sale at 33% off!

We'll also be looking at more WU specific subforums over the coming weeks, for WU specific suggestions, and bettert bug reporting too, so keep eyes peeled."

From VI 005;
"We're giving away some Steam keys for Wurm unlimited via Twitter and Facebook, so be sure to jump on and share your favourite Wurm tip to be in the running, we'll be giving away more over the coming week too!"

I could keep going back and find more.   I could also sight the Wurm Online Facebook account pushing WU.  I'm sure Twitter is doing the same but I don't use Twitter.

You can see why some people might think WO is being slowly dropped and we are being herded towards WU.

I really hope that's true.

Again, it's essentially you imposing meaning on things that isn't there.

I also wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. People have demanded my resignation over telling the truth before in harsh terms, I'm not sure why I'd tell a lie now? Integrity is all a person really has in this life.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Keenan said:

I also wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. People have demanded my resignation over telling the truth before in harsh terms, I'm not sure why I'd tell a lie now? Integrity is all a person really has in this life.

I wasn't questioning your intent to be honest.  Funny how people can impose meaning on things that aren't there.

31 minutes ago, Greyfox said:

I wasn't questioning your intent to be honest.  Funny how people can impose meaning on things that aren't there.

Yes, funny that :)

I think it's all perspective. WU also waited months and months and months for 1.3 to come to WU. If WU was the primary focus do you honestly not believe that WU would have received it sooner?

Then again, if we were to compare Code Club revenue from WU in the last year versus WO revenues, I wonder which one paid more?

On 17/03/2017 at 2:29 PM, Retrograde said:

Unstable is a bit more stable!
Good news everyone! We've managed to identify and resolve the disconnect issue with the unstable client! This opens the door for us to address the other issues that arise with the new client, and begin the final bug fixing prior to it becoming the stable client.

the distance-paint disappearing bug is still alive and well in the unstable client.
im hoping it isn't impossible to resolve. 
it disenchants effort somewhat.

1 hour ago, Keenan said:

Yes, funny that :)

Joking aside, it was nice that you addressed concerns, in a straight forward and direct manner(And that you didn't delete my posts like some people, not you, seem to be fond of when questioned.)

34 minutes ago, Steveleeb said:

the distance-paint disappearing bug is still alive and well in the unstable client.
im hoping it isn't impossible to resolve. 
it disenchants effort somewhat.

Minor visual bugs like that will be addressed. Our main focus at this point is crashing and performance issues, thus why it's still there

• Like 1

Grey fox makes an interesting point. Hmm ?

Edited by Redd

8 hours ago, Greyfox said:

Joking aside, it was nice that you addressed concerns, in a straight forward and direct manner(And that you didn't delete my posts like some people, not you, seem to be fond of when questioned.)

maybe if you didn't keep asking the same questions, just because you don't like the answers, they wouldn't get tidied away so much.

• Like 1